Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/30/2003 7:18:03 PM EDT
Witch kit would you rather have? I am looking at 2 but any suggestions are welcome on other kits
I would like to spend $200 or less on the kit but if there is something out there that is a little more $ and allot better quality I don't mind spending the extra cash.
The 2 kits I am looking at are the "PMKMS from Global for $179.99" or the CenterfireSystems "Bulgarian Original, Unissued, Matching Numbers, and Never Used Before Replacement Parts Set! Finest quality AK ever produced! If you’ve ever intended to purchase an AK parts kit, this is the one! All parts are included EXCEPT the Milled Receiver. Some small parts are not shown, however all parts (minus milled receiver) are included. Wooden thumbhole stock and forearm. Includes (1) 5rd detachable mag , sling, oil bottle and cleaning kit. No license is needed because this is not a firearm. Sold as replacement parts for existing high-cap receiver firearms only. •No License Needed •Very Limited Quantity •7.62x39mm Bulgarian Mfg •Milled Parts •Replacement Parts for High-Cap Receiver •Matching Numbers •All parts (MINUS RECEIVER) •5rd Detachable Mag •Sling •Cleaning Kit •Oil Bottle NOTE: Buttstock only fits milled receivers. All other parts fit milled or stamped AK-47 receivers. ".....for $139.97..
Is there a big deferent's in quality between these kits and is Centerfire as reputable as Global?
Thanks for any help you can give me I am a AK newbe and I appreciate any and all your comments

Bulgarian kit-- http://www.centerfiresystems.com/mi...ategory_Code=PK
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The quality is comparable, but I would definately go with the Polish kit in this case.

Why? Because it's for a stamped receiver.

Milled receivers are nice, but expect to pay three or four times the price of a stamped receiver for no functional advantage.

Also, the bulgarian kits in question aren't from military rifles. It's from some SLR series job with no provision for a cleaning rod, a thumbhole stock, and a bare muzzle.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The 2 Polish ones I have seen this winter were superb, and from Global.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Polish
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Polski all the way!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:53:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The Polish kit I got from Global a couple of weeks ago was immaculate.  I'm having Independance Arms build it as I write this.  Spend the extra few $$$.  It is worth it by far.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought the PMKMS kit from Global and was really impressed,Troy from In Range built the rifle on a Oow receiver and its absolutely beautiful.Its hard to beat the quality of a Polish AK.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top