Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/29/2003 3:08:50 PM EDT
Matt over at ironwood designs asked these questions.  I need to know what you experts think should be done with my romanian SAR 1. I honestly have no idea what he is asking. Matt is doing the butt stock, Pistol grip, and forends.  Chris at Ak-103 will be finishing the rifle with slant break, red star FGC, and new powder coat etc. so, I want the stock to turn out great. Here is Matts question:

Travis,
Your butt stock will be inletted tomorrow. I have a question for you.
How did you want the butt stock set up? I did not see any specs listed
in your Pay Pal order or in any of your previous messages.
Do you want it with the recoil pad, or cut for a butt plate? Lightening cuts
or not?  Take a look at the AK page on my site and let me know before tomorrow.

Http://www.Ironwooddesigns.com

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want a stock which is properly suited to the AKM-type SAR1 then you want one without lightening cuts, but you do want it cut for a buttplate.  

Bottom or side mounted sling swivel depending upon what you like, as both were used on AKM stocks.  

Lightening cuts, while pretty sweet looking, are AK-74 and later developements.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:03:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#4]
JeepCreep, those look great! What sort of stain did you use? Color and manufacture?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Now that is one dam fine looking AKS-74! I love the Russian wood/metal side folder look.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree A+++....I'm thinking about doing that to my SEAK when it arrives...
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:12:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top