Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/29/2003 7:49:04 AM EDT
Saw in a local gunshop.....

Work buddy WTK if it's worth the plunge...he can afford magazines, etc. He was a Cav Helo driver and his initial issue was an M-14. Says he always wanted one.

Bought in 2002 and NEVER FIRED, sold back to store  in Nov. to pay bills.

Walnut stock, blue bbl, SF hard case and all perwork/access. The buyer registered it.

Good deal or not at $1600 (1705 OTD, tax, etc.)

Opinions, not M1 vs FAL debate......LOL.

Super Match M1A Competition. SA9102.

The Super Match M1A rifle embodies the most sophisticated development in Gas Gun™ technology. Capable of sub-MOA accuracy with the proper ammunition, the Super Match is built for the individual who demands the very best. A truly custom gun. Springfield's latest proprietary development for the Super Match is the rear lugged receiver. Additional extraordinary features include an ultra heavy air gauged national match barrel, custom oversized op-rod guide and maximum dimension match grade stocks available in American walnut and McMillan fiberglass.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I suspect he just wants to relive his misspent 'ute....

If he screws up we yell at him to "Fall out"!

(That would be: fall out of formation and run around same as it moves forward holding M-14 or M-16 over head and screaming what the DI told you to..."I am a shit-bird", etc, etc...)

Maybe I should sell him my Polytech.....for the same price of course....I'll tell him it's a rare preban....hmmmmmmm.........
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
That supermatch weighs a ton.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That supermatch weighs a ton.

Well, mine was only an M-16...but, IMHO, it weighed a ton (US) and one-half after 15-20 times around........if I wasn't such a screw up....never sure how that was actually "defined", I wouldn't have dared to ask at the time ..hmmmmmm...at one point I thought it was "character building"
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a pretty decent price on a Super Match if it hasn't been fired. Do you know what the USGI parts count is on that rifle? Prices on USGI parts have skyrocketed now that CMP has run out of surplus parts. If your buddy has been lusting after a top shelf M1A, I would go for it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Pave,

Imagine running around with two M-16's over your head.  That is the weight of the super match.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Plain ole rack grade GI...thats the best
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Ahhhhh the M14/M1a clone rifles.My very favorite rifle . I will go will the others. Unless he is competeing, get a rack grade rifle. I think the wieght will make hime not like takeing it to the range.The M14 service rifle has a nice wieght and balance to it. I have many of these type rifles and is my favorite to take to the range.If he can come up with the other parts I would recommend an Armscorp barrel reciever or and LBR barrel reciever and put the rest on there himself.They both come with the barrel( USGI), reciever and bolt headspaced.Thats really the way I would go.Cheers WarDawg
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top