Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/28/2003 7:00:28 PM EDT
Anyone know where to get a Galil receiver anymore? Is it possible to use an AKM receiver with a Galil kit, or make an AK look like a Galil?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#1]
FAC has Vulcan (Hesse) Galil receivers for $299.  

www.facamerica.com/040.asp

Vulcan's retail price is $499 but your FFL can get it for the dealer price if you go through them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I called FAC and they said the receiver has been discontinued. Know of any other places that have them?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe Ohio rapidfire has done a galil parts kit on an akm reciever.  You might drop them an email and check it out.

www.ohiorapidfire.com/index.htm
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, there was a post with pics not too long ago.  Looked pretty good actually, although I would still prefer a Galil receiver.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe you are S.O.L. for any milled Galil Receivers.  Your only chance will be to catch one on one of the auction boards.

Or.....hook up with ORF for an OOW Receiver and Galil Parts Kit.  I checked it out......most excellent.  The action was very smooth and is a great "second" choice for a Galil.

KF
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Or you could just buy mine
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Derek Huffman of AzExc arms is working on a mil-spec galil receiver that is both milled and stamp like the original.  Check out this post over on the Files;

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84628&highlight=galil+receiver
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Guys,
We will soon be mfg billet machined Galil receivers.  Part of the shop closing is some new tooling/machines coming in.  Galil receivers and milled Ak receivers.  They will be to spec and top notch!  I would expect if all goes right (never does, haha) should see them end of Jan first of Feb.

Todd@ORF
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Guys,
We will soon be mfg billet machined Galil receivers.  Part of the shop closing is some new tooling/machines coming in.  Galil receivers and milled Ak receivers.  They will be to spec and top notch!  I would expect if all goes right (never does, haha) should see them end of Jan first of Feb.

Todd@ORF

My Galil kit has hope!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Send it to me and we'll just say you loaned me the money.

$0 down and 0% interest on a 60 month plan, right?

Can I get that with no payments for 90 days?

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Great news Todd!  Here is a question.  Will the AK receivers be press in or threaded in the trunion area(or both)?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#12]
That is great news.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Did you say MILLED Ak47 RECEIVERS?

You did.  You better not be yanking my chain.

Any possibility of a type II receiver?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok who else has kits besides FAC. Oh boy, now I see the price of kits jumping up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#15]
This is awesome news! I'd feel a lot better having a Galil built off an ORF receiver vs Hesse! Any idea what they'll cost?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:55:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks Todd! I need more kits!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Guys,
Well here is what I can tell you right now.  We have not cut a single receiver yet.  My machining center will be delivered 1-12-04 (main reason we are closed the month of Jan., gotta invent $hit, hehehe).  We have the program almost wrote, I have a quote on the billets, I know what the tooling costs(don't know how much they will eat up yet till we make some), I know roughly what I would like to sell them for (around $300-350), the program tells me how much time each is suppose to take.  Now that is all on the Galil.  The Ak receivers are pretty much the same minus some contour work that the Galil receiver has.  They will be less expensive, guess $250???.  Nothing is wrote in stone yet.  And yes we could do threaded brl, or pinned brl Ak receivers.  You guys need Galil kits I hear????  I have a lead on some, what do you (well what do you think you would) pay for a ARM, SAR, or AR kit?  You want .308 Galils too? I need someone to send me a print on one or submit a sample receiver (it will be returned along a new machined one for allowing us to use)

Thanks  Todd@ORF
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Todd I swear to GOD if you start making Galil receivers and selling kits I'm gonna have to hurt you, really, I mean it!  Hurt you VERY badly!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Todd I swear to GOD if you start making Galil receivers and selling kits I'm gonna have to hurt you, really, I mean it!  Hurt you VERY badly!

Hiram, be grateful to Todd.  It is only money.  You can't take it with you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
 The Ak receivers are pretty much the same minus some contour work that the Galil receiver has.  They will be less expensive, guess $250???.  Nothing is wrote in stone yet.  And yes we could do threaded brl, or pinned brl Ak receivers.  

Thanks  Todd@ORF

Are these going to be based on european milled receivers?  How about an underfolder?

what HiramRanger said, too

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll be right here.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 4:18:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah get some nice AR and SAR kits.  Hopefully for what FAC is charging for their new kits.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 4:28:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Guys,

Todd@ORF

Todd Grove....YOU ARE A GOD!!!!!...I think I speak for all of us in AK land when I say, we really appreciate all of your hard work and dedication....I will be buying a few of those receivers for sure....
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Owner financing right?

No! then how about lay-away?

Howz about a three week old? I'll trade you her for it! Lemme talk to Mrs Lumpy if there is one!
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Well shit Todd.  You leave me nothing to bitch about!  Thanks for the info and I look forward to giving you some receiver business in the future.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#26]
milled AK recievers?  Whoa!
keep us posted!
Tim
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top