Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 3:52:11 PM EDT
Kvar lists a Bulgarian AK74 side folding stock.  I'm looking to put it on a SAR 2 after 9/04.  Can anyone tell me if it will fit the Romanian receiver?  Has anyone bought one, and is all the parts there?  From the looks it seems you need to replace the rear trunnion, but I'm not sure what the other few parts are for.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:38:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The rear left corner of the receiver will need to be removed completely.
Half round half rectangular holes need to be cut into the left and right side of the receivers rear as well.

Consider most smiths charge nearly the cost of an entire build just for this service...effectively doubling the cost of the build.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:02:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Kvar lists a Bulgarian AK74 side folding stock.  I'm looking to put it on a SAR 2 after 9/04.  Can anyone tell me if it will fit the Romanian receiver?  Has anyone bought one, and is all the parts there?  From the looks it seems you need to replace the rear trunnion, but I'm not sure what the other few parts are for.

What makes you think "Post ban rifles"made between Sept.1994 and Sept.2004 will EVER be allowed to have folding stocks?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:40:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:55:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I think everyone should just take a hard look at this sunset crapola that we THINK is going to happen...

Item: When has the US Gov. EVER let any gun related ban/restriction lapse to extinction?

Strap yourselves in people... I think we will see a continuation of the 94 ban and maybe it will be worse that the original ban... I agree w/ the above comment made by dinkydow..

Lets see what happens ... save your money for now on these uypgrades that you may want to do.... Do yourself a favour and buy a pre-ban AK... send that rifle off to have the conversions done that you want... I know the price is WAY up there for a pre-ban AK but this is what I did when I bought a Norinco 84s... I have a pre-ban rifle that is grandfathered into law under the CURRENT laws and I have no worries. ( I hope)

I just dont see it getting better folks... I havnt seen any evidence in the past that the US gov. is gun friendly to us...

I could be all wrong here but thats my money I spent and let the chips fall where they may... "You pays ya money and ya takes ya chances".

One thing that looks promising to us is the fact that 9.11.01 changed alot of things as far as peoples view on self protection.... I know people that hated guns before that came to me wondering if they could try out my AKs and they wanted one... 9.11 scared the crap outta them...

As far as I have read about the current political sitrep in Washington is that the regular assholes that hate guns are trying to introduce legislation lately that is anti-gun and noone is listening to them ... Its a non-issue it seems after 9.11 to voters...

BUT- This is a election year and all bets are off....
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:32:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Item: When has the US Gov. EVER let any gun related ban/restriction lapse to extinction?

BINGO!...IMHO you hit the 10x ring! Couldn't agree with you more!!!

I said the same thing in a post once,Blastech. A member replied that gunowners were once required to show ID and that records were kept of ammo that was purchased. They claimed that this was a reversal of a firearm restriction by the government, as it is no longer in effect.I don't recall this ever being the case. Anyone?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep, there was an act called something like "The Gun Owners Protection Act" or something similar that reduced some of the restrictions found in the 1968 Gun Control Act.

However, If I recall correctly, that same bill contained the McClure-Volkmer (name???) Ammendment which banned the production of new transferrable machine guns.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:59:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Congress has to do nothing for it to expire, it does not have to let anything!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

What makes you think "Post ban rifles" made between Sept.1994 and Sept.2004 will EVER be allowed to have folding stocks?

If the "ban" sunsets there will be no laws inhibiting what we now call "post ban" weapons from having "pre ban" features.  A proper US manufactured parts count will have to be maintained in order to add certain features.

Quoted:

First, the 1986 so called Gun Owners Protection Act, while ending future production of Machine Guns ended Government registration of ammunition and several other provisions on the 1968 gun control act.

Second, When is the last time a gun control law had a built in sunset provision?  Never

Third, people need to remember that most gun control legislation on the national level is relatively new, having happened within the last 22 years.  The 1934 NFA and the 1968 Gun Control Act are exceptions.

The Azalin
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#13]
...Hmmmm.... I waiger that one of two things will happen...

1-  President Bush stands by his comment of "I believe that we should enforce the gun laws that we allready have" that he made in the infancy of his term/post election period.. I remember him saying that. We see the assault weapons ban sunset... blah blah blah..

2-  He caves into the gun haters  by appeasing them with a executive order that perminantly keeps the ban in effect.

I do believe that Bush will pull a boner like his Ol'man did. Bush Sr. did the equivilant with the assault weapons under his watch to appease the anti-gun voters (someone tell me exactly WHAT he did ... My memory dosnt serve we well right now but I believe it had something to do with flash hiders and bayonet lugs.)

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

2-  He caves into the gun haters  by appeasing them with a executive order that perminantly keeps the ban in effect.

Executive Orders don't work that way, he can't do that.  He can monkey wiht the sporting purposes clause of the 68 GCA to affect importation like his old man but he has no jurisdiction over domestic production outside of the 94 crime bill.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yes, you must replace the rear trunion, and make extensive modifications to the receiver. It is beyond the average Joe upgrade.

I defiently agree thats its a gunsmith job. I wouldn't want to start it on any of my guns.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Whew! .... Thanks for clearing that up Heavy.. Im GLAD Im wrong about that.. We have seen enough of Bilbo Clintons Exec. orders in the past..

BUT... I bet he gets a lesson from his old man and pulls a stunt like pops.. I do remember hearing him, when questioned about the assault weapons, say that he was not fond of them on the street...

Anyone know exactly WHAT GW said? I remember he was wishy-washy about assault weapons when asked about them about a year ago or so...

I like President Bush... dont get me wrong... I just know that people get wierd when it comes to decision time on guns..

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top