Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/28/2003 1:09:30 PM EDT
Ok guys there's evil at work here.I have Inrange 74 thats become a jammin monster. I need a witch doctor quick.. This is whats its doing. It will jam up while trying to feed the round.The round will be at a 45 degree angle and the bolt will be over the round.The bolt will actually be pinching the round and leave a big dent.I know Troys just been operated on and I figure to just pick yall's heads first.OK I had three mags there.All mags had alot of jams.east german and two new Bulgie pollies . I  was shooting Wolf HP's.Im hopeing its the ammo. This rifle has about 700 rnds through it before this started happening.It jams on about every three rounds. I cant figure out how the bolt is getting over the round.Like its slipping somehow.The round will be pionted up at the chamber and sometimes the bullet tip will be in the chamber or hitting the chamber face.But the bolts always over the round.Please to who planted this evil curse on me or my rifle, I didn't know she was your daughter.She said she was an Orphan and was cold.I was only trying to give her warmth.....Please lift this curse...I was totally embarassed at the range... WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Exorcism, Ghost Busting, Witch Doctor, Entomologist.
Those are my credentials.
The last guy that did that to Ma Baby Girl is still pushing turds backwards with his hind legs in the Sahara Desert.
$2000.00 and I'll remove the curse.
Or try Campy's fix.
I haven't finished the curse yet.
Paypal acct is    [you'[email protected]]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I am with Campy.  Sounds like the rails that your bolt carrier ride on need some loving care as the bolt is riding right over the top of your rounds.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not the rails, its tolerance stacking and the selector stop pad.  The rear locking tab on the magazine rests on this as it is sandwiched between it and the mag catch.  It is holding the magazine too low to reliabily pick up rounds.  Ask Campy how I know and believe me, I learned the hard way!

Next time I send a kit off to be built, if it's on an OOW reciever, I am going to pre-thin that damn stop pad to make sure it doesn't happen to me again!
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's not the rails, its tolerance stacking and the selector stop pad.  The rear locking tab on the magazine rests on this as it is sandwiched between it and the mag catch.  It is holding the magazine too low to reliabily pick up rounds.  Ask Campy how I know and believe me, I learned the hard way!

Next time I send a kit off to be built, if it's on an OOW reciever, I am going to pre-thin that damn stop pad to make sure it doesn't happen to me again!

Ok from what I remember it did seem to fire and not jam as much when I used the mag as a stand while shooting. But when I raised up and fired it jammed 50% of the time. This all is making sence to me. Thanks alot guys. Now tell me what has to done to correct this. Thanks WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Have Troy thin the selector stop pad by about a half a millimeter.  It is that pad sandwiched between the front of the trigger guard at the 4 rivet area at the mag catch and the reciever.

Also, mine would work fine with the tighter fitting bakelites but would choke on the black polymers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Man Im starting to get a massive headache from this dern OOW recievers. I jsut got the rifle ack from him .The ejector wore down and he welded and tuned it .I was haveing extraction problems.Now it extracts great,but won't feed. Goodies powder please..... WD
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:55:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:34:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys.The tighter East German mags I used before would help explan why it would run a couple of mags fine and some hardly not at all.Some are tight and some are looser. The looser ones have the bolt over.... Im going to snort me a BC powder like Campy recommends... My beautiful rifle is a converstaion piece till I get it back to Troy. :(   [>(]   WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:32:33 AM EDT
[#11]
OK guys I just pulled my SAR2 out and compaired distance .The SAR2 ,the bolt get twice as much of the round when makeing first contact with the round as it's pushing it out of the mag.And also I just remembered it the left side of the stack on the mag that this problem seems to be happening.I do believe you guys are 100% correct. :(   ..Thanks for the help guys...Yall RULE!!!!!!  Now to shoot Troy an email..... :(    WD
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top