Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 2:13:06 AM EDT
So, what's the deal with these.  Any pre-ban rifles exist?  I saw one at a show, didn't look at price or anything (or really look at it to see import mark/markings etc).  But remember seeing one in Tokoi's book.  What's a good price for these?  I guess they're sbr's?

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:44:03 AM EDT
[#1]
wow.  and i though the amd-65 was ugly! man, this has to be the ugliest ak i've ever seen!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:26:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
If you get a preban FEG, and an AMP-69 parts kit, I believe you could have yourself an exact, all hungarian copy! I am waiting to hear back from my friend who has a post sample AMP-69, on barrel length, Tokoi measured it at just under 16 inches, but I am not sure where he measured from... AMD-65 is SBR for sure.
The stocks are different on the two (69 is spring loaded), receievers identical, but the barrel assemblies are quite a bit different, the 69 having gas cutoff and a spring loaded lower HG (same gas tube though).

Campy, the AMD-63 is the fixed stock, full length, dual pistol grip AKM (wood or white plastic furniture), the AMD-65 is your SBR dual p-grip, folding stock 'crowd control' AKMS (seen extensively in Rambo 3 as a Russian Spetsnaz gun), and the AMD-69 is the grenade launching variant pictured above...

-C
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, just got a call, he says AMP-69 is legal length as-is.... He might send me an actual measuremet if he gets a chance.

BTW, I know somebody that has a kit for sale, demill with front receiver stub still intact, about 85%+ condition, with proper optic plate and optic, plus the actual grenade scope it self
along with the Hungarian 10 round mag made for this variant. $1000. Let me know if any of you are interested...
-C
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#5]
wouldnt be # 72 here would it? http://www.aa-ok.com/Miscellaneous/aa-ok_one_ofs.htm#AK%20COMPLETE%20MILITARY%20PARTS%20SETS:%20 

later  jay
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought the AMD-63 is of basic AKM spec besides the uniquely Hungarian handguard/grip and gastube?

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:06:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I just had a fellow try and sell me a "pre-ban"side folding stock 14"bbld AMD65,with an Ohio Ordnance receiver(which was welded on)and was not regestered as a Short Bld,rifle at a gunshow in Wilmington Oh.this past W.E.The story was"The kit was pre-ban so the build was OK."Also,"this longer flash hider threaded on the end of the bbl.(NOT WELDED,THREADED)makes it(the bbl)long enough so its ok" To make my point....the brake was removable to leave a 14" bbl.The fellow had 2 of these for sale at $350.00 per.What a deal.I hear Leavenworth Kansas is a nice place to stay.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#8]
riiiiiiiight, OK, let's fill out the 4473's....let me do the description please....

BATF and DEA sell drugs, may as well open a few gunbooths too...
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
wouldnt be # 72 here would it? http://www.aa-ok.com/Miscellaneous/aa-ok_one_ofs.htm#AK%20COMPLETE%20MILITARY%20PARTS%20SETS:%20 

later  jay

Yuppers...great deal huh? If ya have ta have it!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top