Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2003 7:51:56 PM EDT
How hard is it to install one of those TAPCO trigger groups?  It came with no instruction, does that mean it's a no brainer or does it mean they assume I'm a gunsmith?
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
It's pretty easy - pull the Shepard's hook out and then work the pivot pins out - swap the FCG and put the pivot  pins back in. The hardest thing will be getting the Shepherd's hook back in after installing the trigger. You can refer to page two of the RSA installation instructions for how to get the trigger out.

www.redstararms.com/uploads/RSA_trigger.pdf
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Buying one of RSA's shepard hook replacements will save you alot of cursing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, the packageing for the TAPCO parts is kind cheap, but if you pay attention when you take them out, its not hard to get them back in right.

I just got one for my Maadi and I like it a lot better that the stock trigger.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top