Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/25/2003 5:52:00 PM EDT
Bought a Millet rail to mount a red-dot on my uncle's MAADI.  We pulled the rear sight off and installed the MILLET rail.

I bought him a BSA red-dot and we installed the sight to the rail.  We took the thing to the range, actually the desert outside of Albequerque & sighted it in.  

PROBLEM:  The pivot pin a the front fo the rear sight mnount worked out & we had to start over.  This time, we used loc-tite (red) to set the pivot pin, the lockdown screw and the elevation adjustment screw.  We re-sighted the scope in and shot about 400 rnds through it.  

I fully expected the mnount to come loose again in the first 400 rnds.  I am happy to say that the Millet, BSA combination has worked great.  We were shooting clays on a hillside and concrete blocks and it has retained zero through some rapid fire.

I'll post links to pics tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#1]
It's tomorrow! I'm sighting in my BSA red dot tomorrow morning. Can you see the front sight thru your scope? Mine isn't on yet, but it seems like it could be a problem? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
SC,I have been looking for just such an item(rail). I assume it replaces the rear sight with a weaver type rail on which to mount a red dot, correct?  Where did you get it and how much was it?  I'd really appreciate the info and look forward to hearing of your report so I might not have a long learning curve in making it a functional part of my rifle---savage1
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered it off the Millet website.  It costs about $36.00 shipped.  

Millett Homepage:  www.millettsights.com

Millett AK rail:  www.millettsights.com/milit.htm

You cannot see the front sight since the BSA red dot sight sits above the sight line.

Be SURE you loc-tite ALL the screws and the pins.  I levelled the rifle in the vise & carefully levelled the rail, then attached the BSA sight.

The next day at the range, after we sighted the weapon/BSA compbo in & where popping clays at 50 yards, the front pivot pin worked its way out of the rear sight mount.  We didn't catch this under we tried to re-zero the sight about six times.  OK, I know its stupid & we should have checked the mount first, but I assumed that the BSA sight was the problem.  I LOC-TITED the pivot pin and the other two screws and tightened everything down as much as I dared.

We shot another 300 to 350 rnds, both rapid and slow fire, and the mount has not worked loose and the BSA red dot sight is still zeroed.

I will post photos Sunday.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top