Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/23/2003 6:30:49 PM EDT
I'd like to refinish one of my AK's,a VEPR to be exact.I've considered all the different types,parkerizing,kgi guncoat,powdercoat but I think I'll just go with a blue over a beadblast. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
 For pure looks, your eye is king.  But if you are refinishing for function I don't think blue is better than the what's already on the rifle.  
 I don't have a VEPR but the Saiga I've got has a pretty good finish, paint over Parkerize.  One would probably have to go to one of the new, expensive coatings to better it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:15:26 AM EDT
[#3]
How about Van's bluing?  I use it, and it works well.  Pretty easy.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I was actually going to send it to a guy in Pennsylvania that I used a long time ago.
Ron Mahovsky Metalife Industries.His price to Blue over glassbead is $75.I was also thinking about Hard Chroming the Bolt and Carrier.
He did a Winchester 94 for me about 10 years ago and it still looks just as good as the day I got it from him.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top