Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 10:39:57 AM EDT
I have a Kobra 3KN-8-02 collimator sight mounted on my ORF AK-74. When I sighted it in @100yds I used the dot sighting mark and it's dead on . When I switch to any of the other three sighting marks ( T-mark, dot&pike,pike) it shoots to a totally different point of impact while using the same point of aim. I was also wondering if anyone knows how to determine what each of the sighting marks covers in MOA ( Say the difference in POI between the dot and the pike while using the same POA and using the pike & dot sighting mark.) If I haven't confused everyone up to this point any information will be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#1]
You're right, the POI is different with the dot alone. If you notice, the T-bar and chevron all have their center in the same spot. The dot and chevron or just the dot has the dot slightly higher. I don't have the exact dimensions of howmuch higher, but it can be used to your advantage if you need to caluculate bullet drops or other trajectories.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]
the dot size on the 02 and 03 is 1.8 moa.
I prefer to use the chevron/dot reticle.
Its much faster to pick up the dot with that big chevron pointing at it!!
Campy, i get my best groups out of my ORF using the chevron/dot combo. 100% better than using open sights, and much faster than open sights, and alot faster than a magnified scope.
Out to 150-200m i love the Kobra/ AK-74 combo. just cant be beat for reliability, accuracy, and speed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the dot size on the 02 and 03 is 1.8 moa.
I prefer to use the chevron/dot reticle.
Its much faster to pick up the dot with that big chevron pointing at it!!
Campy, i get my best groups out of my ORF using the chevron/dot combo. 100% better than using open sights, and much faster than open sights, and alot faster than a magnified scope.
Out to 150-200m i love the Kobra/ AK-74 combo. just cant be beat for reliability, accuracy, and speed.

ditto
The dot/chevron combo is great for sorting out parallax for the bbl/sight at short ranges and the bullet drop over longer ranges. And the chevron is always lower than the dot even when just the chevron is showing.  
You can get a slightly crisper reticle with the aimpoint or eotech, but you will spend twice as much!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#5]
EX11B & RS39 If i remember correctly when using the dot-chevron reticle the POI was 16" higher with chevron as opposed to the dot when using the same POA. That seems like a lot of difference at 100yds. I guess trial and error while shooting from a rest at a specific distance might determine the difference between the two. My Kobra/AK-74 combo shoots 2"-21/2" groups at 100yds with Wolf and /or Barnul ammo. I thought it would be handy to be able to use the chevron for 100 yds on in to CQB distances and still have the dot available for  longer ranges. Thanks to all who took the time to reply to my original post, your input is appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
And the chevron/dot gives you two zeros.

The dot for close and the tip of the chevron for far.

Haven't determined what=what yet, ask me in the spring.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top