Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/18/2003 4:38:40 AM EDT
I'm trying to find one of the 4 mag Chinese chest pouches. Any ideas where to look?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:42:17 AM EDT
[#1]
ive seen them on ebay, if you dare to tread
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:44:14 AM EDT
[#2]
The ones I've seen on the internet were going for $80 as some kind of collector item. During the 80's, the Russian soldiers would take the Chinese 3 mag pouches from Afghanis and soak them in water to stretch the pockets to hold 2 mags each. It's not what you're looking for but it is an alternative.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#3]
The 4 cell chest pouches were made in the 80s for export to the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan,making them highly sought after collectibles.I have one of the 4 cell pouches and 9 of the 3 cell pouches from NVA/VC,Korea and Iraq.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Globaltrades have them.  Item # C200 $13.99
www.globaltrades.com

Green Chinese 3 pocket chest mag pouch.  the item is section AK Accesories, misc

Good Luck

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm, my idea was to send one off to Eggroll to be modified. I can get a 3 mag pouch for under $20. The vest is primarily going to be used for informal 3-gun matches when I use my AK.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmmm, my idea was to send one off to Eggroll to be modified. I can get a 3 mag pouch for under $20. The vest is primarily going to be used for informal 3-gun matches when I use my AK.

That's what I did. Bought the $14 one from GT and sent it to Egg. I'm very happy with the results. I'm not planning for the end of the world, just needed something to hold magazines for future carbine classes and maybe 3-gun matches.

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Why not just go with the CQB chest rig? Costs around $50 and gotta be better materials than the Chinese ones. I dont' know how much Egg is charging, and I know he's got excellent products, but you could have a new unmodified item for I bet the same as the modified Chinese surplus. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the modification,do you have contact info for EG and how much does he charge to modify a chest pouch?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why not just go with the CQB chest rig? Costs around $50 and gotta be better materials than the Chinese ones. I dont' know how much Egg is charging, and I know he's got excellent products, but you could have a new unmodified item for I bet the same as the modified Chinese surplus. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I had the CQB chest pouch for my AR mags and loved it but the AK magazines got hung up in it. The metal tab that locks the magazine in the receiver catches on the inside of the pockets and prevents any type of fast retrieval. Specopsbrand also makes an AK chest rig but is still up there in price.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Email from Eggroll........

Hello Jason

I just modified a stock chinese 3 Mag AK harness
removed strapping and added 1.5" buckles and cordura webbing - removed the
side pockets
and added PALS webbing and fastex'd the magpouch lids
all told, its 55.00 shipped for the mod job to a 3 or 6 mag chinese rig.

I do plan on offering a built from scratch AK chest rig patterned after the
P83 South African chest rig.  These will run approximately 80.00 shipped
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I was all set to buy the CQB rig a while back but heard Redbone's complaints about it with AK mags.

I'm sure Eggroll does good work but for that much I can buy a Tactical Tailor PALS vest and put some AK mag pouches on it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:26:25 AM EDT
[#12]
May not be what you are looking for, but I am happy with my East German mag pouch. Raindrop pattern and holds 4 mags.

I think I paid $5 for it. I will probably buy another when I see one at a show.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top