Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/17/2003 9:38:08 AM EDT
Can I modify a single stack Milled Bulgarian AK to accept double stack mags?  I found a good price on a Milled Bulgarian SLR101S-1, but it only takes single stack mags.  I figure a few mins with my trusty dremel tool and I'll be all set, right?  I was not sure, so I thought I would axe you guys.  

Also any legal issues with doing this if I end up getting it?
Thanks,
Echap

Edited to put correct model number in.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you can. With a milled receiver though, I'd find someone with a small milling machine to take out the metal to your desired width, then finish off the last few thousands with a dremel. Might have to change the internals to keep it legal; you know, change out fcg for us made fcg, ie parts count.
OJF
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:29:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Can I modify a single stack Milled Bulgarian AK to accept double stack mags?  I found a good price on a Milled Bulgarian SLR101S-1, but it only takes single stack mags.  I figure a few mins with my trusty dremel tool and I'll be all set, right?  I was not sure, so I thought I would axe you guys.  

Also any legal issues with doing this if I end up getting it?
Thanks,
Echap

Edited to put correct model number in.

To my knowledge, if you do that modification, you will then also have to insure that your foreign parts count is 10 or less.

That will entail replacing the:

Trigger
Disconnector
Hammer
Pistol Grip
Gas Piston

...with US made parts.

Dumb law, I know, but I didn't make it up...

Roger
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top