Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 7:13:59 AM EDT
Who's got the good deals going on AK-47 magazines at the moment?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Aim Surplus

They have Polish Synthetics on sale for $9.95.

K-Var

$10.99 for Bulgarian Waffles.  I think you can get a small discount for joining their forum.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I second both those companies.  Both have good service and quick shipping.

Also, you might want to check out any local gunshows you might have.  Usually you can find some lightly used or even new AK magazines for really low prices.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought 4 of the Bulgarian waffle mags from K-VAR during the last membership sale, and I'll just say I wish I'd bought more!!! I'd recommend them... I also got a pretty good deal on Polish steel 30rnders from AIM Surplus, and they've worked out pretty well, too...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a word of caution about the POLISH SYNTHETIC Mags....Many of them have been showing up with hairline cracks in them....I have 3 buddies locally that ordered the POLISH SYNTHETIC mags at different times from AIM and of all 3 buddies, only 1 mag didn't not have a hairline crack in it...Total of 12 mags....Most of the mags have hairline cracks along the back of the mag toward the top....The POLISH STEEL MAGS FROM AIM ARE GREAT, but I would stay away from the Polish Synthetic mags....The Bulgarian Waffles are also great....

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
AIM doesn't have the Polish Steel mags listed anymore, just the Synthetics.

Anyway, the waffles are great!  I'd pick them over any other 30 rounder.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought ten of those steel Polish mags when I purchased my SAR-1.  Excellent mags; I've only had a problem with one, had to file it to get it to function properly.  Sure wish I had bought more before they ran out.  I only paid like six or seven bucks a pop, and AIM is a great company to do business with.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a dozen steel 30 rounders from ammunitionstore.com for $5 each.  Only 1 had a problem and ammunitionstore replaced it in 2 days.  I'm not a fan of plastic mags, thier price and fragilitiy doesnt suit me.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Widiners Reloading had 30,s for 6.50 in thier specials section you have to go to the page to see it,its only on till the 20th of Dec. got 20 myself brand new romainian real nice!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I have ordered sucessfully from K-var before, but I have recently sent them emails asking where my last batch of Bugly waffles have gone to - they've billed my card but cant seem to answer my emails - Perhaps theyre moving towards a Joken business model?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Tapco has the cool 20rnd AMD65 mags on sale for $5.99 a piece. I just ordered 12 and I love'm. They also got a package deal of 4 40rnd Romanian Mags in a cnavas looking pouch for $55. I've heard good things about the Polish mags both steel and polymer. For me I'm sticking with the 20rnd mags...just seem handier and more compact.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#11]
"I have ordered sucessfully from K-var before, but I have recently sent them emails asking where my last batch of Bugly waffles have gone to - they've billed my card but cant seem to answer my emails - Perhaps theyre moving towards a Joken business model?"

When I bought my bulgy waffles from K-VAR, I did so by money order - so I understood that it would take a little longer than by credit card purchase... However, the whole process took a little over 3 weeks, which I thought was a little slow... I do think that it's perhaps a little premature to compare them to joeken(that IS a tad harsh, hahaha), just yet - we'll see... I wasn't even going to mention the shipping delay, until I saw someone else did...

I will say this much: the mags are very nice, and the price was good - and the delay I experienced wasn't THAT bad... I did make a call after a couple of weeks, to follow up my order, though... More than likely, I'll order from K-VAR again - unless I hear more negative feedback, that is...

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Pick up the phone and call them if you're having trouble getting through with E-mail.  They aren't the best about emails, but they do come through with the best stuff.

1 702 364 8880 K-Var

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top