Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/15/2003 6:06:22 PM EDT
Now that I am retired, I am doing a book on the Ak-47.  I have everything  almost complete but can not find any illustration of the Ak full auto trigger group in the receiver in the form of a cut away side view or top view.  I have checked everywhere that I know of and if anyone out there can help, I would appreciate it.  I have enjoyed the AK for many years, more so after I departed Vietnam, and the book will be put out for free when I'm done.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:44:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:34:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the info.  I have looked for several weeks without success and this is great!
Leroyjr
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Here are some pics for you, all vintage Russian parts, Milled and Stamped receiver styles:
-C

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Chamberlin, Great pics.  Thank You

We will need more of these as soon as the Form 1's  start getting approved.....

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Those pictures are sweet! What camera?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#7]
These pictures are the best!!  Thanks for all the help.  This is better than I had ever hoped for.
Leroyjr
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys, it's 'what I do!" I love the early Russian stuff!
Camera is an older 3 Mpix Canon Powershot G1, they are up to 5Mpix on the G5, but the 4 Mpix G3 is the best camera out of that series. I highly recommend it if you can't afford the Canon EOS 10D which I like to use alot.
ANYWAYS, I took those pics in haste a while ago, so I would have some reference pics to look at before boxing the parts up for storage.
I have a deal pending on an actual 1951 Type I parts kit, all matching, and in great shape, and if it goes through, I will definately be doing another photo shoot with T1, T2, and both painted and blued T3's, all of them are matching kits. I plan on making a plexiglass display with all of them, if I can figure out a good way to hold the parts together without being obtrusive.  Campy is pointing out the friction cam on the last pics (1971 AKM) that ever so slightly slows the hammer on it's return swing to hitting the firing pin. That mechanism will only be found on stamped receiver guns, about post 1960, after general AK-47 production ended. To Rickinvegas...<smile>

P.s. note the safety sear on the AKM trigger group is marked with Arabic serial number...that trigger group is from an AKM that was 100% made in Russia, but shipped to UAR factions in the early 70's.

-C
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:25:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Campybob...Check the last picture and you will see the hammer retarder device upper right. It looks like a Cobra head with a spring. Enough to cause alittle drag. Best pictures of the AK mechanism I've seen so far. Where were you when I needed you??(kidding).
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top