Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/14/2003 5:42:53 PM EDT
Why do you think they chose to use this type of muzzle device instead of the correct AK brake?

I don't really like the way it looks, I prefer the regular AK style.

*edited for spelling
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't really know why they chose that particular brake, but it's the same one that they put on the SLR-95.

Have you shot a rifle with it installed?  It does take some getting used to, as far as aesthetics are concerned, but it really works well as a brake, it's not nearly as loud as the '74 style brakes, nor as blasty, and it actually seems to have less blast than one with a bare muzzle or muzzle nut.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I have looked at this model up close but did not shoot it, the brake does have the openings angled forward so that might explain why it's not as noisy, I just like things in original configuration.

Hopefully I will be buying one on Saturday at a fairly large gun show in my area.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:25:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have sn SLR 95 with the brake , and
a SAM 7 carbine (no brake), basically the
same rifles.

The difference in muzzle rise is noticeably
LESS with the brake.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:13:29 AM EDT
[#4]
At first, I didn't care for it's looks either, but it grew on me.

It sure does work though.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top