Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/12/2003 7:08:01 PM EDT
Check out this link. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1227&sku=ZWA%2D423&imgid=&mscssid=UB8HEP8GMD5M9PTS6G3966RT21J615M7

For $9.97 plus shipping you get a PVC plastic cheek rest that will bring your eye up to level with your Kobra. I screwed it on my AK in about 1 minute with an electric screwdriver. It fits perfectly. I have an SAR1 with wooden furniture. I get the Kvar OD plastic stuff for Christmas and it should fit that too. Talk about a cheap solution to a problem I know a lot of people have. It is too high for irons though, that could be a problem, but it would come off easy enough if you carry a Leatherman. If I get a new camera for C-mas I'll post pics, but it looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it seriously dink the use of iron sights?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does it seriously dink the use of iron sights?

To be honest yes. But it wouldn't take more than a minute or two to get it off. Just back the two screws out and you're in business. The trade off is that it's very stable and it lines up perfectly with a Kobra. I really got sick of the cheek weld with out any support. I guess it depends on what you want to do with the rifle. If you are just plinking at the range it's perfect. In a combat situation with Mr. Murphy and your sight goes dead, the extra minute it takes to get it off could be bad. I like the fact that when I shoulder my rifle it locks up ready to shoot now. I don't have to work myself into a good firing position. Depends on what you want I guess.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top