Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/11/2003 3:32:27 PM EDT
prefferebly a surefire. i really havnt seen anything for ak's. pleas post link if any.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking too. I've come up with

1) railed lower handguard with Surefire G2 attached with scope mount

2) SF M14 mounted to barrel with G2 attached with scope mount

3) Surefire classic 660 attached to barrel with pressure switch attached to handguard.

4) Railed lower handguard with SF M900 attached

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]
where can i get a railed lower handgaurd? i have never seen one ever.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#3]
????????????
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]

tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstparts.html

Email Tantal for a price listing and order one of these if you want to have a light and stick to the AK program at the same time.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
where can i get a railed lower handgaurd? i have never seen one ever.

RPBUSA

www.rpbusa.com/ak.html

The Surefire M14 light mount is basically the same as the Russian light mount in that pic. It's the smae mount that comes with the SF 660 classic. They sell for $42 and if you already have a G2 light, then that might be the cheapest route.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I was kinda thinking that it would be best to keep it "in the family" by using a real Russian light system made for AKs.  

The pictured mount doesn't appear to come in contact with a bayo lug.  I think you must have looked at it wrong Aimless.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 I think you must have looked at it wrong Aimless.

You are right. I mistook that knob on the top towards the lens as a hook for the bayonet lug.

Have you used one of these? I kind of want one but would like to know how bright it is

Does ANYONE here own one of these?? Or used one? I'm thinking that would work great with my Kobra and Barnaul 5.45 sp for close range coyotes. I was considering a cheap scope and siderail mount with one of Cabela's 100 meter lights (*edit: the type that clamps to the scope)...If the 'Znitch' is powerful enough it would surely be more fun with the Kobra sight.

FWIW I've got 'yotes coming into my property close enough to get 'em with the irons with a good light. The toggle switch looks like it would work great for my CUR2 with the Rommie forward pistol grip.(*edit: Yes, I have a five round mag...)

Reviews anyone? (*edit: Wonder if they have any colored lens covers available?? For the 'cool factor', I'm quite positive it can be improvised! Always more 'cool factor' when it's made to fit from the factory though...)

(2002gti, not trying to change the direction of your thread, I really like the looks of that set-up. I'm not a big fan of bbl. mounts but considering the small size of AK handguards I would seriously consider one of these "Znitch" (semi) tactical lights.)

( 2nd Edit: I'm sure I'm not the only person here who buys themself a gift during the holiday season!! )
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:23:03 AM EDT
[#10]
What I did is put identical Surefire barrell mounts on all my AR's and AK's; along with gluing switch pads on all the forearms. This way I can switch one expensive Surefire classic light between any of my carbines in about nine seconds.

Not the best pictures but, you get the idea.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:19:02 AM EDT
[#11]
are those universal mounts? i looked on the surefire site but didnt see them. where did you get them from?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Yup. Those are Surefire universal barrel mounts.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
are those universal mounts? i looked on the surefire site but didnt see them. where did you get them from?

Brightflashlights sells them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#14]
SD, what kind of light switch is that on the left side of the bottom AK?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:19:11 AM EDT
[#15]
The switch setup I went with has both dead-man and always on/always off switches. The latter is on the left side of the forearm; handy as all get out when you have to use your weak hand for something like opening a door and you want the light on.

This is ten-year old stuff but, it works great. I can, as a fact, clang an A-Zone size steel plate all night long in pitch dark at 94 yards. When someone shows me a good reason to switch to some of the current whizbang stuff, I'll do it but, not until. It's a very light setup and can be switched between rifles in nine seconds. I can't imagine why I would need a light on more than one gun at a time.

Unless of course I want to come through the door with a carbine blazing from each hand. Hmmm... Anybody got a phone number for Surefire?

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#16]
SD, if you don't mind me asking, where did you find those switches? Are they SF?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:08:39 AM EDT
[#17]
where did you find those switches? Are they SF?

When you order the light from Surefire (or a dealer) you specify the switch configuration, including the cable length(s) you want. It's just a question of what wiring they put into the tail cap.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:23:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
where did you find those switches? Are they SF?

When you order the light from Surefire (or a dealer) you specify the switch configuration, including the cable length(s) you want. It's just a question of what wiring they put into the tail cap.

Luck,

SD

Thanks SD!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#19]
No prob, bro.

If there's anything else I can help you with, just shoot me an IM or e-mail.

SD

Good grief! Did I just say "shoot me" in a crowd like this? I must be getting senile...
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#20]
im still looking for the universal barrel mount.anyone have a link to where i can buy one?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
im still looking for the universal barrel mount.anyone have a link to where i can buy one?

Email Brightflashlights. He's a dealer on this board. He quoted me $42 I think for the SF universal barrel mount.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:04:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top