Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 2:44:02 AM EDT
Any help appreciated on this one.  I'd like to know two things:  will AK74 magazines fit OK in an AK47 receiver (external dimensions similar)?  Will .223 feed from any AK74 magazine or are there special mags for 223 ammo?  I'm thinking about building a .223 AR47 and need to know if the AK74 magazines will work.  Thanks for any thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:30:53 AM EDT
[#1]
AK47 and AK74 mags are two completely different critters.

As for the 74 mags and 5.56 ammo check into the Robarms Veprs, they use a custom (U.S.) made follower to reliably feed 5.56 from the 5.45x39 mags.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:43:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:04:17 AM EDT
[#3]
.223 AR47, as in one of the AK mag using lowers with an AR upper? Or AK receiver?
Assuming a basic AK receiver, you need to lengthen the mag well a bit and possibly alter the ejector tab some.
For mags, after buying a 5.45 mag, $6 for each .223 follower, and dremel time to slightly open the feedlips, I feel that you are better off getting the $60 4pack pouch of Weiger mags from Interordnance.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top