Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/7/2003 9:03:03 AM EDT
There is a thread on the other site about whether or not Joekens waffle mags are the real thing. Joekens waffles have a metal follower, the circle 10 is upside down, and the waffle pattern is less pronounced than that of a kvar waffle mag. So are these the real deal?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard the same thing but from sources way higher than that.  I knew it was coming.  It was just a matter of time.

Just another example of the other board fucking their members over....I wonder how many will be banned from that thread?

Come on, what did you expect out of Joeken?  They retail exclusively for Vulcan/Hesse parts and weapons.

"Come everyone!  Let's screw the membership out of their money by selling them fake mags.  They can't say anything because Bowhunt will ban them."

Red Faction
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Glad I bought K-Var!

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=746a9ee9488db1a21bf25477d03d405a&threadid=150326

Edit:  There are a few of my waffles that are different in that some have less robust waffling and the upside down 10, but they all weigh the same and have the correct plastic parts in em.  Joeken probably switched out some plastic parts I bet.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I think someone will be getting banned very soon.

Bannings for calling a sponsor out?  No way dude.  Not at gunsnet.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bannings for calling a sponsor out?  No way dude.  Not at gunsnet.

That's too funny!

Who cares if the mags have metal followers or not???  If you're only talking about a small weight difference.....

KF
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Let the hammer fall...
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Like I said, just another example of them squeezing the membership for profits.

"Shut yer cockholster and buy those fake magazines before I ban you."

Here's a classic example of squeezing everyone:

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111997

I say we forget that board ever existed.  Let them get what they get.  Lambs going to the slaughter.

Red Faction
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Heh, Im sooo annoyed by the stories I hear about that forum and Ive never even been over there. Sounds like I have no reason to go over there either. When you get to the point of disgust and want to reach through the monitor and strangle some people, but can't, that's a good indication you don't need to be there. lol
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

i do have some of the first batch polish 7.62 magazines. can someone post a pic of the latest batch so we can visually compare the two iterations? thank you!

I never had the first batch but did just get some from the batch AIM is selling for $9.95.
I'll post a pic when imagestation is back up.Mine have a 2 on the left side at the bottom and "7,62x39" on the left near the top.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There is a thread on the other site about whether or not Joekens waffle mags are the real thing. Joekens waffles have a metal follower, the circle 10 is upside down, and the waffle pattern is less pronounced than that of a kvar waffle mag. So are these the real deal?

-----------------------

The 10 on my joeken waffle mags is just like
on my other waffle mags.

The waffle pattern looks like - a waffle

The follower is metal.

So now we are arguing about whether plastic or
metal is better???

GIVE ME A FREEKIN BREAK!!!

How many thousands of METAL AK followers have
been made???

Maybe Bulgaria used up some existing parts before full scale production of waffles???

Anybody know for sure???

Some of you people just have a HARDON for
bashing people you don't like
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I need to break down and go ahead and buy some of the waffle mags from KVAR.  I'm not a big fan of polymer mags.....I like metal.  Plastic follower?  Metal follower?  Makes no difference to me as long as they feed the ammo to the barrel!!

Anyway.....

KF
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-----------------------

on my other waffle mags.

The follower is metal.

metal is better???

been made???

Maybe Bulgaria used up some existing parts before full scale production of waffles???

Anybody know for sure???

Actually no i wasnt bashing anyone if i was i would have posted something along the lines of "JOEKENS EATS MY DOGS POOP WHILE SELLING FAKE WAFFLES!". My experience with joeken has been a decent one. I was simply bringing to light something that was posted on the other site.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-----------------------

on my other waffle mags.

The follower is metal.

metal is better???

been made???

Anybody know for sure???

I think the concern is whether or not the mags are genuine and not some cheap copy that won't hold up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I need to break down and go ahead and buy some of the waffle mags from KVAR.  I'm not a big fan of polymer mags.....I like metal.  Plastic follower?  Metal follower?  Makes no difference to me as long as they feed the ammo to the barrel!!

Anyway.....

KF

I think the kvar sale is still going on for a few more days. The joeken mags have worked fine i have 10 of them and 15 i bought from kvar.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm sick of getting ripped off on shipping. K-VAR charged $11.00 to ship two of the waffle mags to me. It cost them maybe $4.00. They hide their profit in "Shipping Charges". A lot of people are doing that now, and it's very misleading.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#17]
fake waffle mags you say?

Violation of the high capacity mag ban is what I say.  Dont tell me that these boobs are making their own mags that are not pre-ban mags... Talk about setting up your customers... wtf!

I really dont think that these guys are that stupid to violate the law that way.. It must be a misunderstanding..

T.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'm sick of getting ripped off on shipping. K-VAR charged $11.00 to ship two of the waffle mags to me. It cost them maybe $4.00. They hide their profit in "Shipping Charges". A lot of people are doing that now, and it's very misleading.

Remember, It's shipping and handling.  It cost just as much to pack 2 as it does 10 mags.  The shipping is not that much diffrent.  I bought 10 mags and it would cost just as much to ship 20.  It's pretty much a flat rate, so the more you order the better.

Hell, for a scope side mount, another vendor wanted $8 for shipping!  It fits in a regular envolope and could be mailed for $.39.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Shipping and handling is based on weight, as well as the materials to pack the item.

I know I paid around $10-$12 for shipping and handling for some trigger parts from RPBUSA.

So it's not just KVAR.  Always ask how much shipping will cost when you order something.  If you're not happy with the cost, don't order the item.

KF
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:06:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The vendor also does not have to give their locale a cut of sales tax on S&H, so the margins are very tempting.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:15:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#23]
I am just waiting for the Circle 54 code waffles from Mustafah's tent shop. I hear Dave was trying to corner the market on cheap 5.56 waffles for the SAM5 series, but got pissed when Mustafah said that he will not take checks from anyone but Campy. All others must pay cash up front at the local walhalla.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#24]
The Joeken mags are probably a different batch or tooling or something.

Lets not kid ourselfs- Most of the AK mags imported are not pre-ban. An example is the Bulgarian waffles. The supposed prebans sold in the US are identical to ones sold to civilians in Europe, and to ones I have seen in African military service. Remember, the Bulgarians do allot of export sales.

If they were all made before 1994, the Bulgarians would of had to have made tens of thousands then just sat on them for 4-5 years or so waiting to break into the American pre-ban market. Not a realistic story. Ones that were made in 1994 were probably all sold within a year to military exports. Its only really been within the last four or so years that these mags have arrived on the American civilian scene.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#25]
K-Var had all the Waffles you could carry for $11 each at the Small Arms Review Show this past weekend. No added tax or shipping.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#26]
BTW, Some of my mags From K-var have the circle 10 upsidedown with polymer followers.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Oh Jesus...

The waffles from Joeken are just fine.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with them, and they aren't "fake".

I don't believe I have any upside-down 10's on mine, but I've got a couple with 21's or something like that on them (see an earlier post).

I've got 30 of the things, and so far, 15 of them work flawlessly.

Someone needs a boot in their ass for starting crap like this.

Edited to add:  FYI, the followers in the mags I have looked at more than just a glance had what appeared to be plastic/polymer followers in them...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#28]
The poster above wrote:
"Someone needs a boot in their ass for starting crap like this."

I personally don't feel that bringing up these questions about metal followers and such in these mags, is a bad thing at all.

I myself have some of these mags (not purchased through JoeKen), and mine do not have the metal components noticed by others.

Mags that have the metal components may not suffer in function in any way, but one does wonder if these were a manufacturers deviation, or if indeed they were pieced together using existing polymer/steel reinforced mag bodies and misc steel mag internals. Has anyone contacted JoeKen to see if they know what the deal is? Actually, if someone has a good connection at K-VAR, they have employees with pretty good knowledge of what went on with Bulgarian small arms manufacturing. Someone there may have a better feel about whether or not these metal components are correct for these mags, or if they are out of spec.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Lets not kid ourselfs- Most of the AK mags imported are not pre-ban. An example is the Bulgarian waffles. The supposed prebans sold in the US are identical to ones sold to civilians in Europe, and to ones I have seen in African military service. Remember, the Bulgarians do allot of export sales.

If they were all made before 1994, the Bulgarians would of had to have made tens of thousands then just sat on them for 4-5 years or so waiting to break into the American pre-ban market. Not a realistic story. Ones that were made in 1994 were probably all sold within a year to military exports. Its only really been within the last four or so years that these mags have arrived on the American civilian scene.

[Schulze slams his lager onto the table] Then dammit why don't they make us some pre-ban 5.56 waffles?

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#30]
They probably are making some 5.56 waffles.

They are either being dedicated to export/military sales as E.Block countries go to the 5.56 round or a supplier in the US is sitting on them waiting for the right moment to sell them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#31]
could someone part with a few Bulgarian .223 mags ? I have a 84S that needs some way to feed it.

Tim
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#32]
According to the way the magazine ban law is written, any mag without a date code is considered "pre" ban. None of the former eastern bloc contries put date codes on mags.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The poster above wrote:
"Someone needs a boot in their ass for starting crap like this."

I personally don't feel that bringing up these questions about metal followers and such in these mags, is a bad thing at all.

The "boot in the ass" comment was referring to someone insinuating that JoeKen went to the trouble of "faking" a bunch of mags.

The idea is asinine.

This whole bashing of ak-47.net, their sponsors, their users, whatever is getting really fucking tired, really fucking fast.

If people want to discuss discrepancies between the two vendors mags or something, that's great.  If people want to present information about the other board in something other than a "hahahah look what I did, see how long it'll take until I get banned!" manner, fabulous.

If the staff and moderators here don't start making this board a little more professional and curbing the rampant bullshit, I'll find a board other than ak-47.net and ar15.com to give my money to.  It's old, guys.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I will add my .02 cents to the discussion in the form of a history lesson. If anybody has any doubts that the small arms manufacturers in Bulgaria made tens of thousands of magazines before the ban that were solely intended to be used in the "US market" you are correct to have doubts, they made millions starting in the mid seventies. These millions of magazines were made in preperation for WWIII, which never happened, the Soviet Union is no more and Bulgaria, and every other former Warsaw Pact nation is now stuck with massive stockpiles of small and personel arms that were intended to be used fighting off the evil American hordes.

Besides if someone would want to bootleg mags why would they boot a product that can be bought legally for less than the price of manufacturing cheap American knock offs? wouldn't it make more sense to make bootleg Mini14 mags, or Glock mags that go for a lot more money? As for the other site, that entire situation I wouldn't touch with a ten foot cattle prod.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top