Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/7/2003 8:37:02 AM EDT
To quote my Pacific Theatre father and 3 of his brothers (two more were ETO, one Marine, the rest Army Infantry, none were drafted): "Happy Slap-A-Jap-Day" to you all.

For any of you who have bought into the post-war PC horseshit about The Pacific War and the warmonger Americans: "Foq you, and the horse you rode in on, moron".....go do some objective reading. "Fly Boys"  by James Bradley is the best  choice.

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Pave, funny you should mention "Fly Boys".  I was out on B&N yesterday ordering "Unintended Consequences" and needed another book for free shipping.  The book I picked was "Fly Boys".  Glad to hear you recommended it.

5sub
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Pave, funny you should mention "Fly Boys".  I was out on B&N yesterday ordering "Unintended Consequences" and needed another book for free shipping.  The book I picked was "Fly Boys".  Glad to hear you recommended it.

5sub

His other book is "Flags of Our Fathers"....he knew his father was a Navy Corpsman , what he didn't know until he got into his papers after he died was that "Dad" was one of those in the Iwo Jimo flag raising photograph.

Hey, Jeep, give him my regards, buy him his  drink of choice and send me the check.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Almost didnt read this post!

www.historychannel.com/today/

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#5]
God bless all who gave their lives on December 7th, 1941.  Our country will never forget them or any of our Armed Forces who fought for our freedom.

Red Faction

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Jeepcreep,

My hat is off to your father for his service.

I was watching the History Channel today and learned they had another disaster at Pearl Harbor in 1944.  Apparently a couple of LSTs exploded because of mishandling munitions and such.

community.webshots.com/photo/67526047/74625902jryrRc

I never knew about that second incident.

I guess we never quit learning new things.

Have a great day with your father.

Red Faction
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top