Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/28/2003 6:35:47 AM EDT
I have been shooting for along time and I have never gotten a good explanation on what a 2 stage trigger is.  Could someone please explain, in simple terms, what it is and why it is likes by some and not by others.

Thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#1]
First there's creep, then the second stage should break clean.  Good for target, not for tactical.  (IMHO)

5sub
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#2]
For rapid fire it gets in the way. For precise shot placement, it is better because the shot release is much more predictable and clean. Typically pull back the trigger a bit, feel the trigger stop at the second stage, then add another pound or two to your pull effort and it breaks. When you get really serious about accuracy, you are suprised how much the trigger pull affects where the shot goes. But a simple single effort pull is more consistent for battle-type rapid fire and the mechanism is usually more durable.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, thanks guys, now I get it.

Ron.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top