Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 9:52:08 PM EDT
I've read in here that the RSA trigger group is highly reccomended. I saw that Tapco has a trigger group with an advertised trigger pull of 3.5-4lbs for only $40. The RSA set is like $85! I know you get what you pay for but does anyone have any experience with the one from Tapco? Is the RSA set that much better? What is the going consensus here?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:59:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quite a few of my AKs have RSA trigger groups.....I would take them over any other FCG hands down.

KF
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:12:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't checked out the Tapco trigger, but my RSA trigger is outstanding! Best money I've spent on my SLR-95, by far.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:57:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:55:23 AM EDT
[#4]
No experience with others but, all my AK's have RSA FCG's.

A Kalashnikov )with the possible exception of a Polytech Legend) without RSA fire control components is essentially a malfunctioning weapon.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#5]
The $40 US fcg is usually a Gordon Tech (maybe FSE) unit that fixes the sins of cheap US compliance parts. Good but not great. But $40 more gets you superlative feel adjustable for weight, pull length, overtravel and choice of single or dual stage. I am not aware of this combination available in any gun at any price.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, RSA it is...Now can anyone tell me what the difference between a single and double hook FCG is? What would be the advantage of one over the other? Does RSA carry both types? Basically tell me what I need to buy to have a good sweet let off!LOL Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Rack your action back, take off the dust cover, look at the hammer. When you slightly twitch the trigger, do you see a hook moving on one or both sides of the hammer?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The RSA's are the best. I would like to state that my $40 G-Tech is really a nice FCG. It has a nice crisp break and is one hell of an improvement over the usual stock trigger. I don't have any trouble bump firing with it either.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top