User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 10:05:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Very powerful.....very moving.......

Dads, you better be teaching your children well....this will quickly become their fight.  What you teach them today, will ensure they live tomorrow......

KF
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Powerfull film.

Part of it makes me a little mad that any of those dedicated young people are now at risk of dying in random ambushes and bombings in a war that's supposed to have been over for quite some time now.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#4]
The Commander-in-Chief told us at the beginning....this will be a long war......trust me...it's far from over.

KF
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Commander-in-Chief told us at the beginning....this will be a long war......trust me...it's far from over.

KF

No shit.  We just SRP'd some troops for OIF 2 rotations who should be there in Early March (training up starting Dec 1st).  We are already planning for rotation OIF 3.  We have guys who will be back at Bragg soon who will have to get ready for OIF 3.  I have a buddy in 8th Marines who is on his 2nd trip over to Iraq.  
For all of those people who seem to have forgotten there is still a war going on in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you have teenagers at home???  Teach them well....they will defend our future.

It's said Osama Bin Laden trained "thousands upon thousands" of Al Qaeda fighters.....

Arm yourselves gentlemen....be alert....prepare to protect your families.

KF
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:23:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Ken!

Posted with a tear in my eye and a knot in my throat.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

KF

Are you quoting George W. Bush to me?  

This long war was supposed to be a war on terrorism, the Iraq thing is something else.

That's all I'm saying.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I'll be ok
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I asked if I could get a copy of that film on 8mm and the guys told me no it was illegal. A stinking sticker on the cassette said so.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 2:50:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Did any of you even WATCH the first minute of that video?  If any of those people meant their oath, they'd be fighting here in america, against the domestic enemies of the constitution.

They can start on the hill and work their way down to the white house.

God it sickens me to see people so proud of the destruction of america and american values.

Go read the constitution sometime.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 3:32:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I see you're making your rounds again to irritate all of us DonGalt.

I think you're just about as "Un-American" as they come.  I value just about everyone's opinion on this board...but I'm going to make an exception on your part.

Your last post appears to me as nothing more than advocating an attack on The White House and our government....I've had enough.

I've contacted Staff and Mods to make a formal complaint against you.  Nothing personal, but I don't think you bring anything to the discussion table.  You want nothing more than to jump in someone else's thread and irritate all of us.

Your discussion brings "negative" publicity to this board, and I don't think the owners would appreciate it at all.

KF
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 3:37:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Did any of you even WATCH the first minute of that video?  If any of those people meant their oath, they'd be fighting here in america, against the domestic enemies of the constitution.

God it sickens me to see people so proud of the destruction of america and american values.

Go read the constitution sometime.

Whose side are you on anyway?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:00:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:06:21 AM EDT
[#16]
This statement sounds like you are asking for a military over throw of the U.S. government by U.S. military forces.Is this correct?

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:14:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Posted by DonGalt: "Did any of you even WATCH the first minute of that video? If any of those people meant their oath, they'd be fighting here in america, against the domestic enemies of the constitution.

God it sickens me to see people so proud of the destruction of america and american values."

you sound like some brainwashed militia type. don't give me the old "we all are the militia" crap either. so what exactly are your values?  what are these values of YOURS that these guys should be fighting for.  what specific part of  constitution should they be fighting for/against.

what value do these soldiers have that sickens you so much?  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:31:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Back to the issue at hand...I believe that as time goes on, the attacks on our troops will continue but they will begin to taper off at some point as these terrorists will find that they're being killed off by our troops at a much greater rate than they're killing us.   And you can only find so many people who are willing to kill themselves for ANY cause.

With a VERY limited supply of terrorist wanna-be's in the world, and most of them in the mideast, before long we'll practically run out of the most dedicated and dangerous forms of terrorists as they've all been shot dead, but there are plenty more American servicemen left.

This is what I HOPE for, anyway.

"...Against ALL enemies, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC." We're handling the foreign part.  The domestic part is best handled at the ballot box.  It's certainly inappropriate to advocate sending out troops to take back Capitol Hill.  If that should ever be warranted,  it's certainly not warranted YET, and anyone who thinks it IS, has his head up his ass.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I've watched the video and was unable to get through without wiping a couple of tears.

Perhaps we miss a primary point ??  A part of why we're presently fighting in the Middle East is to preserve the right of Mr. Galt, Hanoi Jane Fonda, Walter Cronkite, Ted Turner, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, etal, to speak freely.

Was it legal for Kennedy to deploy the Army to Oxford MS., in order to integrate Ole Miss ??  I really don't know.  And while I will always hate Kennedy, I do know deploying those troops was the 'right' thing to do.

Further, Mr. Galt expresses the sentiments of a good many Americans.  Namely that our real enemy resides in Washington DC.

While I despise the words of Mr. Galt, I would defend his right to say those words.  That's the difference in we here who believe in both the Second Amendment and the First Amendment and the media who, generally, only believe in the First.

5sub
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#20]
He has the right to say it, but it also must be remembered that all actions/ statements have consequences.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for posting that great video Ken.  I am very proud of our young troops, and think they are doing an awsome job in Iraq.  

Now if only our media would report the incredible progress our troops have made "properly".  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I remember the same type of trouble on gunsnet from Mr DonGalt.  All he wanted to do over there was antagonize to the point of him being banned.

I firmly believe in the right to free speech, but never at the expense of those go gave and continue to ensure that my freedoms are protected from those enemies abroad who wish to do us harm.

DonGalt, would you like to come to Bulletfest or maybe Knob Creek next year?  I would like to meet you in person (as I'm sure a few other board members would also like to meet you too) to discuss this further???  When were done, I'll help you with your suitcases on the way to the airport for a one way trip out of this country.

For the record....there is no enemy in Washington DC.....This country has let itself go to the point where every third country in the world thinks they can push us around.....It's about time we started kicking some a$$.......Yeah, Afghanistan got theirs, and Iraq got what they deserved....This whole Islamic Revolution was started in 1979 in Iran...and mark my words "it won't be over until our troops are in downtown Tehran" cleaning out the last remnants of Osama's Terrorists.

And don't forget DonGalt....I'll be waiting for you.

Red Faction
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top