Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 1:09:45 PM EDT
I am wanting to get a pre-ban AK. I originaly wanted a standard folder like a Norinco but then I remembered from the military how I didnt like the solid folder rails feel once the weapon was shouldered.
So I was wondering if a Bulgarian sider folder can be mated on to the Norinco. I would send it out ofcourse to be done perhapes to ORF etc. How would the old rivet holes be repaired?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone..??
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#3]
..Yes Campster, you are somebody, ha! One smart man. Thats the answer I was looking for...It would be a hell of a improvment for a pre-ban Norinco

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#4]
CampyBob "Johnson" is right!

I also tried a side folder, a Romo I think.  It would fit but it would take modifications on both the rifle and the folder.  If it had been a simple drop in, I'd do it until I got tired of it and then change back, and then change back and forth.

However, it was too great an undertaking involving perm mods to the rifle to make a stock that isn't comfortable fit.  Way too many downsides.

regards,
Mahatma
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm pretty sure you can interchange the triangle side folder with the newer polymer sidefolder pretty much at will.

That stock looks like it would feel pretty much the same as a fixed stock.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top