Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 3:51:43 PM EDT
Well, not just "Quite" yet, but, I busted my class one today...prognosis is renal cancer, "no cure", "just like that, sorry", so far....who knows what the "Shadow" will have to tell about the most popular "Gun Boards" deep dark secrets?????... (But hasn't yet?)

Muwahahah...oooops! make that " Bwahah
ahahah!"
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude, that really sucks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Bob, I'M telling  you all , "THIS" WAS OUT OF THE CLEAR BLUE SKY....no "symptoms, no nothing" Whack! "other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" Kinda stuff.

I'm "grounded , as long as the AF doesn't find out, pending the oh-so-nice examine all on Friday" with the doctor-Doom results on Monday"...all revolves around "did your mother take "DES" in the mid-fifties?"....um, er, ah, yes, they handed it out like candy then...have you havd any previos "Problems"?..yes, but one snip and no no more...oh, well, then "we need to really talk" Did your younger sisters have female cancer? "Well, then, we need to make some plans"....ah....hello?

Ah, gee Doc, thanks for leaving me hanging....should I start to drink heavilly?

Well boys, if so, Osamma yo Mamma needs to really start to worry: I have nothing to loose.

Bring your "Weak Sh**" here, right now, scum bag. One-on-one, bite me.

(the AF doesn't know yet and I don't have to tell them (double-fingure-cross-missing-icon until the end of December.....)( by then, I'll know for sure.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
FUCK!!!!

Yeah, times two. (or three)

But, by rights, I should have died countless times by now, no-notice. Sh*t, maybe I did, and this is really all just a bad dream.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Bad, bad news.  Best of luck man.  Don't know what else to say.

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank You all, and thanks DJ, I'll keep you posted.....Heck, people get whacked crossing the road, maybe a little notice isn't a bad thing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#13]
God Bless you.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Pave;

For what it's worth, about 35 years ago a highschool buddy of mine was diagnosed with terminal cancer. The doc told him to "get his affairs in order"

His attitude at the time could be described as "I don't have time for this fucking shit."

Four years ago he sent me a picture of his fourth place finish in a major Mexican enduro motorcycle race.

I know you don't need me to tell you this but;

NEVER QUIT!

SD
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Best wishes. My brother's fiancee has had Lukemia in remission for 5 years, and she is never lazy.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Pave,  Very sorry to hear about your cancer.

But as a doc, let me give you a piece of advice (it free, so its probably only worth what youre paying for it, but..)

[whisper]  [pulls Pave close]

Sometimes we fuck these things up  - get a second opinion before Campy starts showing you his AIM catalog.

I hope this is the case, definitely get another opinion!

Best of luck and my prayers go with you and yours.

edit

and yes have a drink.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:39:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Hang in there brother.  Go for the second opinion.  Also, have Tricare give you a referral to the Cleveland Clinic....specifically with Dr Ian Lavery.  He's one of the top three doctors in the world for these types of cancer.  I've been taking my wife there since Sep 2000.  We go every six months.

Troy
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:23:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:22:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Pave,,, I'm so Sorry Bro. Godbless you,, I'll pray for you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:16:17 AM EDT
[#20]
So sorry to hear it... It wouldn't be the 1st time the docs were wrong, though - best wishes, bud...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Pave, I know you, and the others here don't know me that well, but let me tell you as a cancer survivor - doc's don't know it all and do make mistakes (no offence 4gma).  I was diagnosed with colon cancer right out of the blue at age 34, same as you.  I was told I had had it for going on two years - same time I was at my 10 year mark while in the Navy (age 32).  That was really hard for me to accept.  I ended my career to battle that crap.

I had my surgery and treatments and now am at full capacity again at age 40 - attitude has a lot to do with it man - no shit.  So go do exactly what 4gma said and get a second opinion - doc's do make mistakes.  I was checked a year before and they found nothing.  You are in charge here - your body.

Hang in there man because I know you will have a lot of folks here, including me and my family, praying for you.  Keep us informed brother.

-- Shon
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Well, not just "Quite" yet, but, I busted my class one today...prognosis is renal cancer, "no cure", "just like that, sorry", so far....who knows what the "Shadow" will have to tell about the most popular "Gun Boards" deep dark secrets?????... (But hasn't yet?)

Muwahahah...oooops! make that " Bwahah
ahahah!"

Pave,
I understand there are types of cancer for which there is presently "no cure".  However, many of these cancers are 'TREATABLE'.  Please find out if you particular cancer type is among those that are treatable.

5sub
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top