Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 10:11:08 AM EDT
Greetings,

my buddy is a PMC in Iraq tasked to train the new Iraqi army.  He has a Chines type56 (stamped) with buttstock missing.  He wants to soup up this rifle and asks me to find him a desert tan AK stock set.  Does it exist?

He also mentioned that RobArm has an OD green stockset like the ones they use on the VEPR.  But I did not see one at RobArm website.  Do you know if they actually have one?

PMCs are not allowed to carry guns there, but they do anyway.  When traveling outside the training base, the US military personnel who man the Humvee or trucks usually have half a dozen or so "door guns" that they distribute to the passengers before going on a convoy.  These guns are AKs they confiscated from all over the place.  Well, one of the Army sgt gave him one for keep ... a Chinese typ56 with no buttstock.  Now I try to help him to get the rifle back in shape so he can use it to defend himself more effectively.

The MO members are cooking up the idea of sending him a care package.  It will be nice to have that OD stock in the box.
oz
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a MAK90 Butthole Stock I would like to send over there......WHAT A PHOTO OP THAT WOULD BE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Jeepcreep,

IM you the address.

Chris keeps in touch with me by email and I share some snippets of the email with other MO members in the MO Hometown forum.  This is the latest update of his condition:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=32&t=174797

Some pics from Chris are available here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=32&t=172661&w=searchPop

Oh, this morning, his wife stopped by my office and gave me a souvenir Chris sent me from Iraq.

It is an old Iraqi helmet with bullet holes on both sides.  I dont know if the helmet was occupied when it was hit, but there is a brownish stain that looks too thick to be a rust stain.  Blood?  I dont know.  Chris picked this up off an old battlefield from the Iran-Iraq war.  The battlefield was full of wrecked equipments, unexploded munitions, spent casings, helmets, boots etc.  One of his friend pointed to some metalic object about 10 inches from his boots ...... it was an active Russian mine!  

This helmet gives me a creep.  But it sure makes an interesting conversation piece around here.

OZ
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]

This helmet gives me a creep.  But it sure makes an interesting conversation piece around here.

OZ

I know what you mean,a buddy of mine sent me an AK chest pouch heavily caked with dried blood,I was kinda glad when he came by and picked it up.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top