Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 3:11:37 PM EDT
Guys just want to say if you have an AK that needs worked on modified or built give Troy a call. I had a AK74 built by him and it has had a few F T Ejects .I called Troy and and he said send it back and he would make it right. Did that.Since he had it he has put through  it about 300 rnds and has not any FTE . We talked about the maybe's to the weiord  problem and hes going to tune my Ejector alittle  and also send me 100 rnds of Barnul back with the rifle. .I have offered to pay for the rnds and the ones he has shot testing this rifle. It hasn't FTE one him at all. I really feel bad about that. But have offered twice to pay for the spent rnds and he turned my offer down  with out a hesitation. Thats nearly 400 rnds of ammo . My point to this post is Troy stands by his work  and has gone out of his way for me ( in my book ) on this strange problem Ive run into . Give Troy a call for your AK needs.This man's word is good as gold. WarDawg

P.S. for those who want to know I was shooting WOLF 60 grn, Hollow point ammo. For some strange reason 2-3 rnds per 30 rnd mag would fail to eject. But this is after the first 100 rnds was flawless.Swapped mags also. All the parts on this rifle was supplied by me.WD
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, guys... just how black is his finish? I'm looking for a really black finish like what you find on the 74 kits originally.

I'm thinking of having my SAR1 "AKMed"

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Campy your correct. Its built on a OOW reciever.And your right he's going to work the ejector and case harden it. I really love that 74. WarDawg
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK, guys... just how black is his finish? I'm looking for a really black finish like what you find on the 74 kits originally.

I'm thinking of having my SAR1 "AKMed"

I sent my home built 74 in to Troy strictly for a finish job. It turned out great! His black is as black as black can be.LOL!!! To me it looked identical to the original Bulgie finish.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#6]
troy is a great guy to deal with. he is very helpfull and knows what he is doing. as for the finish... i had troy rebarrel an sa85m for me and do a refinish and it is BLACK. the only bulgaian thing i had to compare it to is a bulgi 7.62 40rd mag with the wrinkle finish. it is near the same only smooth as silk.
                  later  jay
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:45:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Troy and Christie are Great people,and a top notch craftsman.As for his finish,I had him do a partial build on my Bulgarian 74.He worked the receiver,set the trunnions,pressed and headspaced the bbl and finished everything except for the top cover[my fault,I did'nt send it].The finish is so close to the Bulgarian finish that you can't tell the difference.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top