Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/15/2003 4:16:19 PM EDT
I called my local FFL dealer and ordered a laminated stocked SAR1. I had a SAR2 in the past with the regular cheapie wood stock and handguard...that thing would leave blisters on my hand from the heat build up! So, would a laminated stock set do a little better in the heat management or do I need to go with a synthetic set from KVAR? I really like the look of the laminated wood and plan to make it look like an early AKM styled rifle. Also, where can I find a laminated wood pistol grip to match the stock set...the plain black plastic one is kinda homely looking! Thanx for the input...
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think the laminate is any more heat-resistant then hardwood.  

Despite that, I prefere the wood look enough that I am willing to bare it.   If you plan on really heating it up, wear an oven mit or leather glove.  

The way I see it, soldiers and militants the world over have been blasting away with wood-forearmed AKs for decades, so if they can hack it so can we.  

As for the laminate grip, you will have to look around for one.  They aren;t that common and the Russian ones are pretty expensive at about $50 on average.

The most cost effective way to get one would be to have Russian wood-working ace "Z_Recto" make you one of his excellent copies.  

If you are interested in that, I will give you his email addy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Would this site help you?
www.globaltrades.com/ak_stocks.html
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got an unfinished Ironwood designs laminate grip I can sell you. E-mail me at [email protected]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top