Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2003 12:46:51 AM EDT
I have this fetish about having as correct as possible markings on weapons and having numbers match, even though I’m just assembling some surplus parts.

That said, it is my understanding that OOW will not issue requested Serial Numbers. Example, you have a parts set with a certain SN on the trunnion, OOW will not provide one of their receivers with that same SN on a custom basis. You get what they send you.

So, would it be possible to have the trunnion re numbered to match the SN on an OOW receiver?

I’m not sure what kid of metal the trunnion is made of or if this is a possible operation, but I would like to have all my matching numbers.

Best regards, J
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:31:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#2]
As far as everything is concerned here in the US, the number that "matters" is the number on the receiver and the trunnion is just "another part" why would someone hesitate to weld over and remark the trunnion?

-J
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Campy must have misunderstood you.  

Having the trunnion renumbered would be perfectly legal in the US where it is a not a regulated part.  

Finding someone to do it, however, would be the hard part.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure, if it's the trunion in the kit we will re-mark it. I will NOT change or alter regulated numbers or markings. Stuff in a parts kit is unregulated.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That said, it is my understanding that OOW will not issue requested Serial Numbers. Example, you have a parts set with a certain SN on the trunnion, OOW will not provide one of their receivers with that same SN on a custom basis. You get what they send you.

I always though that OOW would match up serial number for the customer. Am i wrong to believe this? As long as each kit has a unique serial number it should not matter right?

3-7infantry
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sure, if it's the trunion in the kit we will re-mark it. I will NOT change or alter regulated numbers or markings. Stuff in a parts kit is unregulated.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.

[AC/DC]Inrange... ra-ra-range...  ra-ra-range...[AC/DC]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top