Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/13/2003 6:37:18 PM EDT
I knew about this a few weeks beforehand, considered several hours drive each way, toll, food and likely motel to be functional at the start time instead of leaving wayyy before dawn, the few things I really wanted to add to my collection from the sale list, and the odds of getting a deal good enough to justify the trip. Stayed home. I mean, there are shows and auctions in my backyard all the time right?

So how bad did I screw up?

www.garnerauctioneers.com/springfield_sporters_sale_report.htm
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy crap, thats alot of guns. Where did they all come from, private colection or a going out of buisiness sale? Are there many auctions around similar to that?
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 10:08:18 PM EDT
[#2]
How you supposed to read this? For example did you have to buy all 68 "Misc Some M1 Garand and Springfield Bld. Receiver" or could you just buy one? Some of those prices aint bad, till you look at the friggin number and then the total.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:35:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:39:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:16:10 AM EDT
[#5]
hey i was there !!!  before it started they gatherred and gave instructions an asked for questions i asked why they lied to everyone because the 1000+ rifles were supposed to go individual then the pallets.  they're response....oh that'd take to long, they had stated on phone an email that the individually listed rifles would go that way.  the only ones that went individually were a rack at the end of add on's which was good as i got a FN Carbine Mauser (real carbine very short) in 30-06 that was like mint.  

talked to the guys from Sarco, very nice ppl's IMO.  yes they bought alot !  although the dealer i was with (didn't have my C&R yet but do now) bought some nice lots, the dealer bought alot of the 'crap' receivers an such and we also got some gun lots

Yugo K98's
Enfield P14's
Enfield #4MK1's
VZ 24-52C's

i ended up with about 21 rifles an spent about 1200 dollars

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:10:30 AM EDT
[#7]
What were the Garands like?

Not the Carbines listed as Garands but the real Garands.

-J
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top