Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2003 5:16:23 PM EDT
the scope rail/handguard by Ultimak, seen at this site http://www.ultimak.com/M1-b.htm, says it replaces the gas tube.  If I have a welded on brake is it still a simple install.  I'm an idiot with tolls and need something to be simple (bolt-on) in order for me to use it.

Any help would be great.  Anybody use one of these?  I hope to throw an Aimpoint on my AK and feel this may be the best way.  Any other suggestions for putting on an Aimpoint?

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The muzzle brake won't make a difference.  All you do is field strip the rifle and remove the gas tube.  After you remove the gas tube you need to remove the lower handguard.  If you aren't sure how, check Here.  After that the only tools you need is the supplied allen key to tighten the u-bolts around the barrel.  I recommend some blue loctite as mine kept coming loose until I put some on.  Mine came with excellent instructions(much better than mine) so there isn't anything to worry about there.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 2:50:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Just installed my Ultimak mount on my weapon, the instruction leaflet is about one of the best for accessories I've ever seen. You can't go wrong.

The mount sits perfectly on my 7,62 weapon and mounting the Aimpoint ML2 with low profile weaver ring was a breeze as usually.

Can't wait to get to the range and zero this puppy in...
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:06:10 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys.  After messing with the Ak some (just got it 1 week ago), I realized the mount will be pretty easy to install.  I have to purge all my AR type thinking I guess.

the Dark side sure is different!
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]
It's as easy as installing a RAS on an AR carbine.....
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The instructions that come with the Ultimak must have been written by a professional technical writer. Follow them exactly and the process will go perfectly. There are even color illustrations!

With the instructions provided, a drunken orangutan could perform a flawless install. Hell, I did it!

You're gonna love the Ultimak/Aimpoint set up.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:38:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm headed over to the Ultimak page to order one.  Hopefully the Aimponit will be here for the holidays!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top