Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/10/2003 8:59:10 AM EDT
I was just checking out ORF's AKs.  They want $400 and up for their WASR 10s.  Are these custom built AKs or what??  You can find WASR 10s for under $300 all over the place.  What makes ORF's so special??

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:07:42 AM EDT
[#1]
ORF WASRs have been milled to accept hicap mags, muzzle brake permanently attached, blasted and reparked for a better look, and they have the nicer wood furniture or polymer furniture upgrades.

I picked one up for an everyday shooter just the other day.

KF
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Daadamn, is that an actual flash-hider (not suppressor) that I see on the end of the barrel ??
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Lordy, where are you getting all this money from kf, I have like 3 stripped ar lowers and 1 malfunctioning l1a1 that I am trying to fix up, but all these damn waffles and shit keep popping up. How do you find the money to afford all these toys. I want a g3 or cemte, but dang it, my money keeps dissappearing on add ons and doo hickeys for the 1 complete ar I have. Heck Im even ebaying to the max, but the selling aint to good right now. I do have 4 Limbo Elmos stuffed to the side, Im hoping for another great Elmo shortage. But with my luck, Im gonna get stuck with 4  little dancing red monsters that I couldnt unload.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey krinkfreak how much did you get it for??
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:31:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Daadamn, is that an actual flash-hider (not suppressor) that I see on the end of the barrel ??

No, it's a Krinkov style muzzle brake.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Mike I am assuming from your signature that you work at ORF.  Any other information on what separates ORF's AKs from other AKs on the market??

I am not trying to bash ORF or anything.  I am just trying to find out why their AKs and several other of their firearms are priced so high.

I have heard they do great work and I am ordering a SEAK from them (so I'll find out in a few months) but I was overall just wondering.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

How FOOLish of me.  Of course that's what it is.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Lordy, where are you getting all this money from kf, I have like 3 stripped ar lowers and 1 malfunctioning l1a1 that I am trying to fix up, but all these damn waffles and shit keep popping up. How do you find the money to afford all these toys. I want a g3 or cemte, but dang it, my money keeps dissappearing on add ons and doo hickeys for the 1 complete ar I have. Heck Im even ebaying to the max, but the selling aint to good right now. I do have 4 Limbo Elmos stuffed to the side, Im hoping for another great Elmo shortage. But with my luck, Im gonna get stuck with 4  little dancing red monsters that I couldnt unload.

I sold four rifles at The Creek (AR-10, Israeli Heavy Barrel, M1A, and my 5.45 Krinkov) and after giving my wife her cut, I reinvested the rest.  Got to trade guns, sell guns, in order to get more guns.  I bought one of the AMD-65 kits from Centerfire while I was at The Creek also...left it with Troy Sellars for a build on an INTRAC receiver.  Got to come up with the money for that soon.....

Guys, it's a disease....I'm telling you......AK-itis.

KF
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#10]
He got the money cause I'm broke as a joke...heheheheh

Damn that creek, damn it to hell....now the SEAK, damn it some more......Damn...Oh lottery god hear my call...damnit to hell.........

Ps.. If you all pray to the lottery god for me, AND IT WORKS, there will be much joy for everyone across the AK land....
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Been there done that, Im on my 3rd mac, 2nd 590, sold ak's, ar's, tecs, glocks. All in the name of financing another one. I always seem to be on the losing end of the need now, sell stuff war.

Sold a mossy 590 for ar15 funds, which I got  to replace a mak-90, which in part was paid for by a lightweight sporter. It is a cycle. Replaced the 590 with a ghost ring one, finally hung onto a ar15, (post ban albeit) and have a few aks hanging around the homestead. The krink and 74 at inrange are getting funded from a glock 22 and a preban tec 9 I sold (600 for both, I said I always lose on my deals) All because Im a impatient ass and I want something new NOW!!!!. I swore I would never ever sell another gun, but I promptly broke that one.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Been there done that, Im on my 3rd mac, 2nd 590, sold ak's, ar's, tecs, glocks. All in the name of financing another one. I always seem to be on the losing end of the need now, sell stuff war.

Sold a mossy 590 for ar15 funds, which I got  to replace a mak-90, which in part was paid for by a lightweight sporter. It is a cycle. Replaced the 590 with a ghost ring one, finally hung onto a ar15, (post ban albeit) and have a few aks hanging around the homestead. The krink and 74 at inrange are getting funded from a glock 22 and a preban tec 9 I sold (600 for both, I said I always lose on my deals) All because Im a impatient ass and I want something new NOW!!!!. I swore I would never ever sell another gun, but I promptly broke that one.

Rak, if you get took all the time, let me know when you wanna sell that krink and 74 from INRANGE..heheheh..LOL

I think we all do it
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Well I gotta finish paying for it first myself before I let it go for 200 under what its gonna cost me

Worse one was the sporter, sold it in 1994, was all factory new, with a bayo lug, (not many sporters have bayo lugs, they nuetered them for some reason) but sold it for like 400 back to a pawn shop, I needed the money for something stupid like food or rent, I could have gone without and lived on the street for a month. it went bye bye with about 10 30 round mags, course they werent made of gold back then either. Always said I would just buy another one soon, HOW WRONG I WAS....  This was all pre-preban crap though, I didnt have a clue they were gonna shoot up in value in a few months. I remeber going back and looking at them after the ban took effect and they were almost double what they were asking before, around 1,600.00, I was 24 and wasnt making squat, so I couldnt replace it, but I got a nice MAk-90. Havent seen it either in like 8 years.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Good God guys!  I'd sell my body before I'd ever sell one of my guns!
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I dunno, selling your body is way down there, I couldnt find anyone who'd buy what Im offering. Im married as can be, but that being said, somethings are just worth it.

( I can pretend to be gay for any of you pink pistol toting members who need a little manwhore mangina action in trade for a full auto ak) Hey everyone has a price, mine is just real low. I could live with myself after a few mouth washes.

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, not much you can do if there's no market for your goods, I suppose.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#17]
rak1004,

[Richard Simmons voice]YOU HAVE MAIL[/Richard Simmions voice]

Just kidding.  I don't have a FA AK.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I was kidding. But with the way prices are going now, with no ceiling in site, who knows what we are capable of. Just wish I hadnt spent so much time aqquiring semi's back when auto could be had for not much more, but I was ignorant, I had no idea about Nfa toys, I wanted a auto, but no internet back then, no way of knowing these things by natural instinct. I finally hopped in the caboose last year of the nfa train, with a mac, but gollie gee whiz, I wish I was up front tooting the horn with a m-16 or a krink.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 2:38:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Anybody else have any information on the original purpose of this post??  

Why ORF's AKs and their other firearms are priced higher??
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#20]
You can purchase an "AK in the Box" or you can purchase an AK that has been taken out of the box, refinished, had a muzzle brake installed, and a furniture upgrade.  Which would you rather have?  The AK in the Box (and pay someone more to do all the refinishing/gunsmith work) or the AK that has been refined for aesthetics, etc. ???

KF
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry bout that, didnt mean to run this in a diffrent direction. I dunno, maybe they are really nice, never seen one
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:16:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Hey Mike I am assuming from your signature that you work at ORF. Any other information on what separates ORF's AKs from other AKs on the market??

I am not trying to bash ORF or anything. I am just trying to find out why their AKs and several other of their firearms are priced so high.

I have heard they do great work and I am ordering a SEAK from them (so I'll find out in a few months) but I was overall just wondering.

Everything we do takes time and parts. When we are finished you get a "custom" look at a reduced price. On the WASR's we, open the mag well and barrel trunion to take hicap mags, move the front sight base back, cut and recrown the barrel for a total barrel length of 16 1/4" with the muzzle brake installed. Then, we have to drill and repin the FSB and muzle brake. Weld over the pins in the brake for permanate attachment. After all of this, we still have to add the U.S. parts to make them legal since they now have the ability to take hicap mags, then finally refinish and assemble.

No offence taken. There are less expensive AK out there, like the SAR's. If that is what you want, by all means, get one. Hope this helps,

Mike
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:57:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks Mike and everybody else.  

I can't wait to my SEAK I'm sure it is going to be a great gun!!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Mike, what kind of FCG do you use.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Mike

I thought all cone-type muzzle devices were thought to be flash hiders?   I recall this came up alot when the cheap krinkov kits originally hit the market several years ago.   People had to either drill holes in the booster part, or sleeve the cone...  Or have these been "neutered" that is not visible in the pic?

Rocko
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top