Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2003 8:31:11 AM EDT
I just clicked on a post called "Any veterans here?" by 308.

It had zero replies.

When I clicked on it, it brought be back to the topic page.

So, I do a search for it.  Nothing.  I do a search for all posts by this 308 character.  Only one, not the one I just clicked on.

Are we deleting posts here now, and if so, why?  I thought this was what we were all up in arms about, and pissed off at ak-47.net for...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#1]
People can delete their own posts, you know...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Really?

Hrmm...there's an option that needs to be disabled.

Of course, not my site, so, pfeh.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Any reason why we're deleting it instead of locking it?

Again, I'm not trying to tell anyone how to run the board, but...

I've seen a lot of people yell "troll" when it's just dissenting opinions.

I don't know what the post was in this case, so I can't comment on it, but in my mind, I'd have rather read it and not be able to respond to it, than have seen it, and then seen it disappear...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#6]
kythri,

308 is a mod over there at aknutz.  He was trolling for the so called boards war.  He is Congoloid's Butt Buddy.  Old Congoloid stole Rich314 password and was trolling over here the past few days.  That is the extent of it.  Old Homoiloid is over there pumpin' himself up as a victim that has never been banned from any site but here.  Of course anyone who disagrees with him is ganged up on instantly by members and of course old HDR himself.  Buts its hard to tell if HDR is insulting him due to the bad grammar.

Hey Campy, I read the post they like to Quote you on,  Pretty much figure that's what you meant and didn't mean that you were talking about soldier's being killed.  

Hey but they need something to grasp at to keep the sheeple in line over there.

Funny how they all say they never lock threads.  They just Delete them.

Campy, He admitted to Posting on Rick314 account.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Rick314 was at thehighroad last night on the general discussion.

Made a "I was banned at arfcom" thread.

Mods locked it.

Well, I thought it was kinda funny.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#9]
They all say campybob is an ____

I dont know you, but you have never appeared out of line in the thread problem here recently. I really dont like everyone arguing at both boards, I frequent them all fairly often. I do consider this homebase as I am a big fan of the AR15. Ak-47s are 2nd on my list of favorite rifles.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey, if the guy is trying to start crap, and that's all he's doing, I'm not objecting to "disciplinary action"...

I've just never liked the idea of threads being deleted - call me weird, I guess.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I've just never liked the idea of threads being deleted - call me weird, I guess.

Was NOT deleted.

C.BOB put the thing in the trash where it was more comfortable.

5sub
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#14]
so being a war protestor campy did you go protest when soldiers were coming home ?  did you spit on them, throw eggs at them or any of that cowardly nonsense ?  
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Then what are you doing spending most of your time at AK-47.net?

Talk about the Pot calling the Kettle black! LOL
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
so being a war protestor campy did you go protest when soldiers were coming home ?  did you spit on them, throw eggs at them or any of that cowardly nonsense ?  

Are you here to make trouble or what?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I think he was here earlier incognito....

KF
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Search results for: 4.4.24.28

OrgName:    Genuity
OrgID:      GNTY
Address:    Genuity
Address:    225 Presidential Way
City:       Woburn
StateProv:  MA
PostalCode: 01888

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I am fairly new to the boards but there is this thing I notice about .net. There sure is a lot of lying going on over there especially by Congoloid (and if your able to read your name dipshit, which you will, it means it's not crossed out). I browse both boards regularly but I think I will just stay out of the general lies, oops I meant discussion forum over at .net. Campy, I know how you treat the members over here and how they get treated over there and buddy, I'm glad that I call ARFCOM my home. Keep up the good work and to hell with what they say.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then what are you doing spending most of your time at AK-47.net?

Talk about the Pot calling the Kettle black! LOL

This probably doesn't dignify a response, but I must ask, what the hell are you talking about?

According to ak-47.net, I've got 10 posts.

I think it's more like 12 or 13, but they deleted a couple of threads I posted in a month or so ago.

Lay off the lithium, son...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#25]
"as he posts from library computers.."

BBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

I wonder if he petals his moped to the library.  What a loser.

Jeez, the library lady says I have to go now.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Just so the words won't be taken out of context, here is the exact quotes cut and pasted (names added) from the web forum talked about:

Rick314:  "I don’t expect people to agree that the VN war was right but the soldiers that were there, both draftees and volunteers deserved more from an ungrateful nation. Spitting on their graves will only infuriate patriots, Americans."

In reply to the above:

Campybob:  "hey, wrap yerself in that flag! they got what they deserved over there in nam"

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#27]

KF
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Why would you say that?  There has been some dispute over exactly what was said.  So, I researched it, found it, and posted it.  

Why would posting exactly what was said be making trouble?  
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#29]
There was no dispute over what was said...

The threads are available on dot nutz for anyone to read.  I just question your motives for going out and finding it, and then posting it here.

Are you a member of dot nutz?  If so, what is your screen name over there?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Actually being that I was -2 in 1968, I really dont know what was going on then, seeing that I still had a tail and was a good swimmer.
But I really have no respect for the protestors at all. Not that they dont have the right to protest, hey diffrent strokes, diffrent folks. But to engage in any civil disobedience in a time of war is lower than rat poop. I see no benifit to running aroud causing trouble when Americans are dying in some foriegn country.
Although I do think the whole context of the argument is being taken in the wrong way.
WTF brought this back up anyway, I thought it was done with.

edit (I kant spel wroth a dnag)
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
There was no dispute over what was said...

The threads are available on dot nutz for anyone to read.  I just question your motives for going out and finding it, and then posting it here.

Are you a member of dot nutz?  If so, what is your screen name over there?

Nah, I'm not a member there.  Up to now, I've always been into ARs.  I was interested in getting an AK, and I got in this forum, and ran accross this thread.  On the first page of this thread there was a comment "has been twisted and quoted out of context", so I went to that website and found it.   I just thought I'd copy it and post it so that everyone could see for themselves what was said.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

WTF brought this back up anyway, I thought it was done with.

My question exactly.  Other than the fact that it's Veterans Day tomorrow......

Seems to be just a smear tactic.  Sorry, but that's just how I see it.

WoodenFrog, did you search for this information on dot nutz?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#33]
I beleive CB already answered the question that "THEY" refered to the US Goverment, not the a American soldiers.  Let it go.

He said he protested the way the war was being fought.  End of Story.  I agree with him that the US left our forces to fight a war they could not win.

Do you think we would have won WWII if we fought the way we did in VN.  Hell, no.  We would be speaking German east of the mississippi and Japanese to the West.

I salute all of our soldiers who fought and hold the one's who made the ultimate sacrafice to this country even higher.  But the US wasted 58,000 lives fighting the way they did.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#34]
You dont have to look to hard now, they bumped it up to No#1 post in the search results.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
You dont have to look to hard now, they bumped it up to No#1 post in the search results.

So if it comes up over there on a search result, then you have to login to do a search.  In order to login, you have to register...

Are you registered over there WoodenFrog?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Details details, messes everyone up.

Hmm cant search unless you login, cant login if your not a member, maybe its magic?

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#37]
But seeing that mongoloid has dragged it up again and again, he might have linked to it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Hey , you know absolutely nothing about Vietnam if you twisted CB's words around to come up with this interpretation.  What CB said is correct, we let our politicians fight that war and we lost.  It has nothing to do with our Solders, Sailors, Airmen & Marines that fought their asses off only to be stabbed in the back by our government.   We certainly didn’t lose because of a lack of trying on their (service men) part.  Maybe you should spend some more time reading books instead of trolling forums…you just might learn something.

I’m proud of my Dad, my two uncles and every single person that served in Vietnam but I’m am not proud of our government’s roll.  Unfortunately it seems our politicians read about as much as you do because they’re still repeating the same mistakes 30 some years later.  

If you want, I have a list of books that I could recommend for you to start with.  After you finish those you can come back and I’ll give you the full list

Sorry guys, I’ll get down off my soapbox now.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Check for yourself, you will not find my name there.  And I'm not going to get into a big flame fest fest in either board.  

If you go over there, you will have no problem finding the thread in question.  It is a topic of discussion over there as well as here.

I wasn't the person that brought this subject up.  I posted a comment on the debate of exactly what was said, but didn't reply with my opinion on what it meant.  And I still won't.

Decide whatever you want on what it meant, it won't bother me.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#40]
The are coming out in force.

Anybody have a can of be gone?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nope asking a simple question, as my father shed blood and spilled blood in a lil hell hole in south east asia in 1964 and 1965 i have little if no respect for long haired dope smokin war protesters.  as for campy asking what i was doing, around 1969, i was about 2 at that time being 35 now.

and one thing to always remember the US Military never lost a thing in Vietnam, the whitehouse and congress did, the US Military could have gone in and destroyed the VC and the NVA at any time if they would have been givin the go ahead and had no holds barred.

btw vietnam is a touchy subject for me, while i was just a lil one while it was going on, i lived with the aftermath with my father, his nightmares and drinking to try to make the nightmares go away, i don't care what anyone says, there are things you will never forget, and late at night after he was quite toasted he'd talk about what he'd seen, i'd never wish on anyone what he went through nor his brothers in arms that were there.  it took him many years for most of the nightmares to stop, i don't know if he still has them anymore or not, i know he certainly isn't the same person he was back in the 70's.  and i can only imagine what others have been through.  when we think of veterans day there is another group of people that should be thought of as well, the loving family that waited for the GI's at home, who gave them their love and dedication, then put up with the nightmares, turmoil, and unrest when they came back.  i'm sorry if i offended right off the bat as when i think vietnam war protestors with the ones that disrespected our GI's on their return home.  what happenned to those guys has always botherred me in a major way and it always will, and as long as i live and breath i will do what i can to make sure that kind of behavior never happens again.  long as i'm able there will always be an American flag flying and my heart felt thanks when the troops come home.  

just remember to thank a Vet for your freedom as freedom is NOT free
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top