Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/5/2003 8:16:09 PM EDT
Got a flyer in the mail form centerfire systems adv. these and AMD 63 $129.97. Looks like the romaks come with everything including bayo., except receiver and mag.
Now, I thought I was cured of my addiction to aquire but I sure would love to have a semi in 7.62x54. Could somebody tell me what kind of receiver the romak would need?
I think my addiction will allow me to pass on the AMD 63 since I haven't started my 65 kit, and I was going to build it like the 63 because of the ban on folding stocks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
This has been batted around a little bit on the AK-47.net forum, this might help

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145343

CW
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
better yet, falfiles:
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90695

If I get some money im gonna give one a try on a bent metal blank. Shouldnt be that hard really .... just have to elongate the nessecary areas. :)
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Best bet would be to talk to one of the smiths that hang around here and see if it can be adapted to a milled receiver.  

The reciever didn't need to be elongated in any way I'm aware of.  The Romanians chose to take advantage of the fact that the AK already operates "excessively" for the x39 round, and needs little modification to use the longer round.  

I think it has something to do with the extra-long stroke operation and the roomy receiver.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:53:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#5]
This here:  Interordnance SSG-97 is a Romak-3, yeah?

If so, it can be had for $700, brand new, with a 10-round and a 5-round magazine.

I was suprised that someone was offering kits, didn't think there was too much market in them.

Now, an SVD kit??  Mmmmmm...
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If so, it can be had for $700, brand new, with a 10-round and a 5-round magazine.

I was suprised that someone was offering kits, didn't think there was too much market in them.

And a scope, which puts the rifle at about $550.
It will be interesting to see how much value there is after the creation of a RPK grade receiver.
--no gas system to clean, cheap milsurp corrosive ammo, good scount mounts for 4x scopes, sticking with mosins for now
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:42:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And a scope, which puts the rifle at about $550.
It will be interesting to see how much value there is after the creation of a RPK grade receiver.
--no gas system to clean, cheap milsurp corrosive ammo, good scount mounts for 4x scopes, sticking with mosins for now

Yep, I bought one of these (SSG-97) for one of my brothers.

5sub
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top