Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/5/2003 6:46:36 PM EDT
I for one am tired of listening to the whining and shit slinging going on about who got banned, who lied, blah , blah, blah with guns.net.

I am guilty of having an acct over there and slinging some shit, but usually only after they start spouting their fascist crap - but even that has become boring - there's too much to keep up with.  And yes, when someone posts over here and slams members that I respect and value their opinion or paints me as some sort of low life, I feel the need to throw there crap right back at them (sometimes).

However, I am just plan tired of the band width wastage this seems to be causing. Henceforth, I shall not waste my poor grammer and spelling skills on them.

Im here because there is good info from good people who share my love of firearms (and the fact that I thought I would actually spend less $$ here than on EBAY -boy was I WRONG!),

So mods please start locking threads that deal with this bullshit and perhaps it will decrease.

I realize I will miss the brilliant and hilarious retorts from Campy which, I must admit, ALWAYS make me laugh, however, its a sacrifice I can live with for now (though I do reserve the right to retract my request if Campy cant find something witty to post on and I go into withdrawls).

And yes, I do type in runons, and cant spell.  Get over it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
who cares?......? I don't. personaly I think its kind of funny when people bitch about that site. Is been said before, but if you don't want to see it don't read it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, if someone's accepting suggestions?

Can we maybe un-pin some of the stuff up at top - it's starting to get a bit unruly.

And, I'll probably get booed off or something, but maybe a single (even pinned) Miss RSA thread?

I'm not saying she isn't cute and all, but, hey, even if she was naked in all these threads, it'd start getting old after a while - and she ain't naked.

(Let the flames/booing commence!)
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hey, if someone's accepting suggestions?

Can we maybe un-pin some of the stuff up at top - it's starting to get a bit unruly.

And, I'll probably get booed off or something, but maybe a single (even pinned) Miss RSA thread?

I'm not saying she isn't cute and all, but, hey, even if she was naked in all these threads, it'd start getting old after a while - and she ain't naked.

(Let the flames/booing commence!)

Antares > < kythri
Antares > < Miss RSA (I Wish) :-)
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 2:11:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Threads have a way of falling off the screen if no one responds to them.

That's the difference between that site, and this site....Free Speech.

We have a lot of members who were banned over there and they need to be able to say what they want.  Let it run its course.

KF

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 2:21:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with 4gma...I'm tired of it.  I come here for AK info, not to open a thread in bold titled 'you gotta read this' only to find out that it's some more junk about a flame war.  47.net will die on its own.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:25:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:13:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:31:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Threads can survive on some merits ranging from real AK info, gun community news, fair emotional/intellectual commentary, and harmless fun.
The .net threads usually have some of these qualities. When it gets into too much posturing and dead horse beating, the core value to the forum is lost and it needs more active moderation.

And when I posted my sticky I said it was coming down in a week :)
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:39:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Threads have a way of falling off the screen if no one responds to them.

That's the difference between that site, and this site....Free Speech.

We have a lot of members who were banned over there and they need to be able to say what they want.  Let it run its course.

KF

I agree,, If you don't want to see it, don't look at it, If you don't want to talk about it then don't.

Some people need to and that is the freedom here we enjoy. You cannot say that about every site on the www.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Antares > < kythri
Antares > < Miss RSA (I Wish) :-)

Heheheheh!

Hey, buddy!  It ain't my board, so people can do as they please!  I just thought it would be easier (to find the pics, and to sort through) if maybe she was given her own pinned topic, and all the pics and stuff go there.

Or maybe you can talk someone into creating a Miss RSA forum, and get her to come over here or something?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

...Or maybe you can talk someone into creating a Miss RSA forum, and get her to come over here or something?

If so, I'm the moderator and I'm banning everyones ass so it's just me and Miss RSA !!!!!

HA!!!

KF
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#12]
The plain fact is this...Ask a technical question about AK's or praise one of their sponsers your chances of getting banned are 0% BUT talk in general disscussion or tell people about a bad experience with a sponser or insult a Mod your chances of being Banned are 95% with a 5% chance your thread will be locked. and they also keep you from being aware(through censorship) of non sponser sites (KVAR) that are in competition with their sponsers. People need to be aware of this!!!!! Also, Come talk to me about stuff AFTER you've been banned then you'll know what i'm talking about. Until then your just defending people you know nothing about.           T-STOX (ak.net-ban victim #12,786)
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top