Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/3/2003 7:11:11 PM EDT
Tomorrow I'll get to shoot my AK for the first time  In fact, it will be the first time I've ever shot an AK.

My SAR-1 is clean and all the mags I've collected are loaded up.  I'm hitting the range after work and will let you guys know how it went.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully my krink will ship tomorrow!  I'm excited too!  Good luck with your SAR1, they are cool.  Although I've only shot one mag of 7.62, but it was fun.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember when I first got my SAR-1.

Drove half an hour to the range with my freind to shoot off 200 rounds in 5 minutes, then drove back.  

It was worth it too
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck and have fun!  Don't forget to bring some gloves just in case you do have the dreaded trigger slap - it'll help take the sting out and won't ruin your day at the range.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm no longer an AK virgin

I finally got my SAR-1 to the range today; first time shooting it and first time shooting 7.62.  I must say it was fun!

I love everything about it: tough as nails magazines, dirty Wolf ammo (my hands were filthy from loading mags), recoil, hot as hell wood handguard...I love it all.  I guess I've lead a sheltered life over in the AR world but man am I glad I bought an AK now but I'm bummed I didn't discover this sooner.

Accuracy wasn't bad at all, much better than expected.  I took a little time to dial it in then she was right on target.  I used all the mags that I've got for it and I didn't have one failure (I wasn't expecting one but I thought I throw that out there).  The waffle mags I bought from K-Var kick ass and they all worked perfectly in my SAR.  I'll have to order more.

My SAR-2 will be here next Tuesday and I can see this addiction being as bad as my AR addiction.

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, now you did it...

You think you like the one that you have now??

Wait until you shoot the next one...
Order LOTS of ammo for it...I try to shoot
mine 5.45 gun on a daily basis.

You will be totally hooked.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:24:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Lesson I learned back in 93, never ever, bump a ak and then sling it over your shoulder to walk off, especailly if you are wearing a sleeveless shirt, you will get a nice reminder of why that is a bad idea for several weeks afterwards.  Is that chicken I smell cooking????
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:55:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:15:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Kobra and non-paper targets, yum!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:16:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I've noticed that people either love AKs or hate them,I have'nt seen many people riding the fence that did'nt take a position in time.The first time I took an AK to the range,ammo was really expensive but I still shot 200 rounds of re-loaded brass.It was a Claco AKS folder,you never forget your first!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
congratulations!

imagine the poor, unfornunate roadie that has only known dura-ace...then one day throws a leg over a pinarello kitted out with with a campy record gruppo! lol!

get yourself a redstararms trigger group and you will improve your target shooting expirience.

Hey, I'm a fan of Campy esp the Record 10 speed with carbon cranks

Edited to add: a Red Star trigger is definitely in my SAR's future.

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#11]
soon you will be thinking why do i need a Ar, sounds bad but im really feeling that way, im goign sell off one of my AR so i can get one of the ar15.com AK's. wait till you shoot your sar2 it is such a great thing. Ronald
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top