Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/2/2003 1:10:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#1]
All this without the trusty AIM flyer no less eh? ;)
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The only action I got at the gunshow today was a transexual following me around...I kid you not..Why do these people from Kalifornia have to move into Arizona.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I've actually gotten lucky lately.  

That Hi-Power I asked about here turned out to be a very early post war made very soon after the Germans got kicked out.  

It's minty and it has it's original slotted-bottom magazine.  The wooden grips are flawless, and the blue is easily 98%

I think that's a steal at $395, anyone disagree?

Also got a non-sanitized Izhmash marked Plum mag for $9.00 from Tantal.  Only thing wrong was a small crack which was easily fixed with epoxy.  

It was listed as "busted," so I'm glad I asked what that meant.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually I was looking for a 1911 when I saw it.  Seemed silly to buy a new 1911 with some cast components, parked finish and plastic grips (as much as I love the look)  when there was the chunk of glossy blued forged steel sitting there.  

It was everything I wanted in a 1911, only in 9mm, so I decided I can live with that.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:37:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Campy,

You did well on the GP HP.  Last one I bought was $600 with all accessories -- and I thought I did good.  PLEASE dont bob the hammer!  If you want to get rid of the bite, you can get a commander style hammer.  Also, Take out the mag safty and you will improve the trigger pull.

I once bought a mint, unfired 1969 HP in a gunstore while the owner was out to lunch and his wife was refusing to deal with the guy for $250 -- Seems the idiot wanted a Hungarian double action 'high power'.

If you need a source for parts or High power gun smithing, email me and I'll try to hook you up.

Here's a link to the last highpower I tricked out.  It does have a bobbed hammer, which gave me function fits.  Also its a made in Belgium/assembled in Portugal version (so nil collector value.  Options: MMC night sights, grooves cut in to of slide, stippled front and rear straps, checkered rear of slide, 1911 style beavertail welded on, ebony grips, matte black TRG guncoat finish.  The single best option was welding the beavertail on.  Pointability is fabulous (I was shocked that a HP could be made to point better) and there is no danger on bite.

f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gunslingerdoc/lst?.dir=/bhp&.view=t
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top