Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 12:52:16 PM EDT
I just picked up a LNIB preban Polytech for 630, (hell of a deal I am thinking) and I was wondering about the Cone style flash suppressors on Krinks, how much are they and where could I find them? also will they have the same threads to just screw on? I was also wondering about Phantom flash suppressors.  Is there one made that would use the standard threads on the end of the barrel and if so how well do they work at suppressing the 7.62x39 rounds flash? Also does anyone here have one of the Ace side folding stocks on a stamped receiver ak? and what are your thoughts on it?  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) putting a Bulgarian AKS-47S (30 cal AKS-74U device) muzzle device on an AK w/ a standard size barrel is a no no because of the over pressure factor caused by the muzzle device. I'm not sure if the same thing applies to the Bulgarian 4-piece device but I would imagine it would as the both basically serve the same function.

If I were you I'd leave the rifle as is, maybe pic up a Romanian flash hider.

The Kollector
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Campy thanks for clarifying. I had always thought that those devices shouldnt be used on standard length AK's but I could never have such fully confirmed.

I believe K-Var sells the bushing with the plunger pin notches so to lock onto your FSB MB pin. Make sure to get the 30 cal AKS-47S device not the 22 cal AKS-74U model! Also there are Romanian AIM carbine flash hiders around that have the 14x1 lh thread.

The Kollector
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top