Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/31/2003 7:34:09 AM EDT
A friend at the range bought this beauty in .223 rem. It's mfg'd by Bulgaria Arms.....

The receiver is milled and the stock looks AKMS.

All together it looks like the bulgies took an AKMS and put a .223 Shorty barrel on it.

Any ideas on this?

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#1]
An AKS-74UAR-SF, the Bulgarians make many different versions of the AKS-74U and this includes models like in the picture fitted w/ stamped underfolding stocks and using milled recievers (in typical Bulgarian fashion). LEO? Does the firearm belong to a friend in LE?

The Kollector
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#2]
My guess is its something the Bulgarians made up for export.  Personally I love the way it looks.  I dont think anyone in the US is making any Krinks up using milled receivers, but I could very easily be wrong.

The krinks in the US (except those imported by machinegun dealers for military or police use) are made up on either a domestic or imported receiver and generally a parts kit (most come from Bulgaria).  To own, as a non licenced civilian, a select fire krink in the US is close to impossible and very expensive.

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:35:39 AM EDT
[#3]
KalashniKollectr

Both my friend and me live in the Netherlands, so all SBR laws, parts counts etc etc aren't of any meaning to us. We have our own strict laws to comply with. But they are more focused on licencing and stuff.

p.s. this AKSU is semiauto only by shortening the disconnector...
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#4]
That is one absolutely beautiful looking Krinkov.

Very nice.

KF
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:51:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Kuiper, thanks for sharing the pics I enjoy this stuff. I never knew that ppl in Netherlands could own firearms, well the good stuff anyways. I wish we could own the real deal here in the US. I guess all over Europe you can own stuff like that, I hear that in Finland you can own anything you want. Anyhow, what other types of AK variants can be found in your neck of the woods? Is that all that's required is to file down the disconnector? So I take it the third pin isn't in place meaning no auto safety sear? Are AK's big in the Netherlands?

The Kollector
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#6]
[communists.in.our.country.rant/]Now this is pretty bad, Here in this FREE NATION of ours, we absoululy can not own such a fine peice of hardware..but they can in the Netherlands??[communists.in.our.country.rant/]

I herby call for an immediate abolishment of all gun laws in this country..I mean ALL, Yes the National Firearms Act, The importation ban, AW# ban, Machine gun ban, Bullshit little rule that the ATF uses to ban certain parts, and guns and such without even being brought before the legeslative branch of the government like the consition demands all laws are!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Tell us how you really feel.......
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Krink I feel outraged that our rights are trampled on every day!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#9]
CLASS THREE SUPPLY has these in stock NEW as post samples in .223 and 7.62x39mm.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
CLASS THREE SUPPLY has these in stock NEW as post samples in .223 and 7.62x39mm.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.

Yeh but I can't have one??
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#11]
photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/ThumbnailView.asp?iGalleryUnq=1082

This one will take you to my gallery here on site, it has two AK's on it......

The first the FEG Hungaria AK47 as I bought it, shortened disconnector...autosear in place...
The second is the same basic FEG AK but with muzzle brake and black furniture. This one's mine. And then there's the Bulgie Krinkov I shown here.

AK's are pretty populular over here, so are AR15's, FN FAL's, G3, the SIG 550,551 and 552. We do have one of the strictest gunlaws known in Europe but we still can own these puppies semiauto only and with all evil features.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Kuiper

Very nice, Is there any good jobs to be had in the  Netherlands? When Hillary gets elected, I will be looking for a new country to call my own...
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Well Coltshorts...

Jobs are scarce but where else is it different..

Moving out of the US over guns, I would sooner relocate to Finland or Canada then...yeah I know it is inhabited by moose and Striker.

Let me tell you something about Dutch Gunlegislation.

Rule of thumb is citizens are not allowed firearms in their homes......except for.

- those who have applied for licences because they are active members of gunclubs or have written case studies on groups of firearms(highly desired but impossibly to get collectors license.)
- A licence is valid for one year, after which it needs to be renewed. A maximum of 5 firearms can be added on each licence and renewal is based on the number of exercises you did with it(basicly going to the range is called an exercise)
- CCW laws are nonexistant over here and I don't expect that ever to happen.
- Pistol caliber carbines, such as the AR15 9mm and the HK MP5 or HK94 are of limits because they are derived from submachineguns. A ruger PC9 in 9mm is legal 'cause it was never designed a submachinegun

On the plus side...No firearms has limitations on looks. i.e. Flashhiders, bayolugs, telestocks, hicap magazines(we refer to them as magazines since there's no difference). Pre or postban laws don't exist. And foreign parts counts are not important, better yet we see US AK parts as a readily easy to get source for replacement parts.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#14]
What about semi vs full-auto. Pic looks like an MG so these are legal? Any special lic or registration?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#15]
No FA, the weapon above is a semiauto only. It was a select fire weapon, shortened/filed disconnector makes it semiauto legal.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
No FA, the weapon above is a semiauto only. It was a select fire weapon, shortened/filed disconnector makes it semiauto legal.

Simple enough to change back. Heheh.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Look at that.  They TRUST their citizens enough that they only have to shorted the disconnect and its legal.

Land of the free?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I've gotta question for all of you guys. Do they make a flash suppressor like that one for 5.45mm and how well do they function?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#20]
MGs converted to semi are legal in allot of places in Europe. Allot of people assume that guns are illegal in Europe. This is not true. In fact, in some countries people can even purchase machine guns, tanks and so on. Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Switzerland are the most famous for this.

But, every gun owner must get a licence which is a pain to get. Even worse then trying to get a class III transfer.

For example, here in  Germany you must join a shooting club (all private, up to $1000 a year, sometimes more)and participate for six months. You have to log all your visits. Then you can take a firearms knowledge test. Then you can apply to get your gun license, which takes 6 weeks. After all this, you have to apply for permission thru your gun club for every purchase. After that, you have to shoot a regular basis otherwise they can revoke your licence.

Land of the free? Not really. Besides the gun part, you must pay 40% taxes, 16% sales tax on everything, TV tax, tax on flowers in your garden, and in Germany its illegal to mow your lawn or wash your car on Sunday. There are no laws against the police beating the crap out of you, you have to apply for a permit to have a demonstration, job discrimination based on national origin is normal, the list goes on. But, the streets are clean, very safe, college is free and the social system is wonderful. If you like father Gov't taking care of you its great. If you like personally responsibility, the US is allot better.

Revoke all gun laws in the US? Not really. Yes, in a picture perfect world it would be nice to go down to Walmart and dump a new PKM in the cart. But, just like now there would be jackasses that would do something stupid and ruin it for us. I believe that the whole reason there have been so few misuses of legal MGs is that they are so hard to get. It also helps us keep the moral high ground in that any MGs used in a crime are illegal anyways. For example, can you imagine the response to the LA bank shoot out if the robbers had purchased their MGs legally?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top