Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2003 5:24:00 PM EDT
You know, after I wrote that subject I chuckled at it. Not incredibly mature of me.

Anyway, I'm talking about this:
linx310.nothingbutguns.com/chrome.htm

Anybody do it? Any problems, issues, etc.? I've decided to go the "classic" route.

Also, I think I want to refinish the laminate stock, also following the link above. What color stain should I use and such to match the most "classic" AK-47 style.

Thanks for the help, folks.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Youd have to be gay to not polish your charging handles, all the real men are doing it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#3]
any place sell replacement bolt carriers/charging handles?
I want to polish mine, but want to have a spare blued one in case it turns out bad
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Almost got caught in AIT.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Never really called it a charging handle.   What do you mean by the traditional route. HA  
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesnt that cause blindness?

Seriously, I prefer the parkerized look - I use Kphos from Kg gun coatings. Its simple to apply, durable, and looks cool and TACTICAL (which is very important if you where urban camo clothing with a woodland camo vest).
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up polishing the charging handle/bolt carrier on one of my SAR-1's - just for something different.  Used blue removed followed by some Flitz.  The only bad thing is that the carrier will need some work as the metal is pretty rough and really shows when you polish it up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:30:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I polished the charging handle of my SAR-2.  After all the work, I didn't like how it looked.  So, I re-blued it.  My bluing job looks much better than the original one, so I guess it was worth the hassle.

SAS Supporter

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:27:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Didn't have to, my AK already came with a polished charging handle and boltcarrier group.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:24:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top