Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 8:42:53 PM EDT
I'm very green when it comes to AK's.  I can't find much about this AK? It has a threaded barrel, no bayonet or cleaning rod holder.  Is it a PRE-BAN or POST-BAN? Also regardless of being either PRE or POST is this a good AK-47?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#1]
All norinco's that I have seen were pretty good weapons. I think the model you speak of is supposed to be a "match type" version of the MAK-90.

I 'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in shortly
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Post ban.  They came with a 2" piece of pipe welded to the FSB to cover the threads.  The welds were pretty weak and lots of them broke.

It is a good AK.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought and NHM-91 and MAK-90 around the same time in 1992.  I sold the NHM-91 with the 20 inch barrel.  It was a nice weapon as is my MAK.  I don't think you can go wrong with a Norinco as they are pretty stout.  

All MAK's and NHM's are postban stuff as far as I know. Some people like to call them middle ban as they are after 89' and before 94'.  Some where hack jobs done as the bans went into effect from the stories I've seen.  

I would say they are better built than SAR's for sure though and if the price is right I would snatch it up.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top