Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/24/2003 5:51:26 PM EDT
I talked to Troy Sellars.....he said they are probably using the old Jedi Mind Trick....

"These are not the droids you are looking for..."  

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143315&highlight=kvar
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Krink, I was debating ordering soem of the Waffel mags well after reading that i just hit the PLACE ORDER button....
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel dirty after reading all that homo-erotic dick sucking.  

I'm going to take a shower and look at nude pics of women now.

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like the Ministry of Truth deleted the thread, as I can't get it to come up.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Madi it my temporary homepage, so every time i open explorer, it links to that thread....

Big bandwidth Rules BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have cable modem dude.  Hmmm, I'll try again.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm... if they run things so great, then how come they get so much unrest and complaints over there?  

It's kinda like America vs. say, Soviet era Russia.  Over there they would squash all attempts to speak against there govt. so everyone would be "happy" and content.  Here you can say whatever you want and yet I never heard of any of our guys trying to defect to their side.  

By the way, I just place another order with K-var!
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I have never been into this whole board war crap, but the latest statement from Guns Net disturbs me.  

I understand that we all are collectors & enthusiast of the Ak-47 style rifles.  These rifles as we all know were invented in communist Russia, and were widely used in communist countries.  We love the simplistic design, and reliability of the AK-47.

I think Guns Net has gone too far with this Stalinist view point.  

K-VAR has made it possible for other importers to exist such as Joeken.  How do they justify their latest statement?

I have read numerous threads over the years about Gunsnet, have seen it first hand, yes I was disturbed, but this just wanted to make me puke!

The only thing that K-VAR is guilty of is capitalism.  This is the American way.

I have always received great service, products, and prices from them.

Thanks K-VAR

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#9]

When members start acting like liberals as if we owe them something and they have never once contributed to Guns Network, we will cancel your membership effective immediately.

Let me translate:

"So, unless you pay us, you're not allowed to have an opinion, period.  If you pay us, you're allowed to have our opinion."

I gave my money to ARFCOM for several reasons, but one was because I didn't have a bunch of witless idiots telling me to give my money to ARFCOM...

It says a lot for a site that doesn't constantly request donations, yet still gets lots of them.

In the first month I was on AK-47.net, I probably saw 20+ digs for money - "If you find this site useful, you should donate!" or "You sure seem to post a lot, but I don't see that you're a Team AK-47.net Member!  You're not allowed to be here anymore!"

Crap like that.

What a fucking joke.

Can't people see that MORE people buying AK parts means MORE people interested in AK's means MORE people potentially going to join your crappy forum?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#10]
It still baffles me how the loyal members of ak.nutz havent noticed the unethical, power happy, asshole behavior of the mods. Just reading some of the crap the mods post over there makes me want to bang my head against the desk. Btw anyone been to their ar15 super mega giganto forum. It sucks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the heads up. They just lost out on a $250.00 order. I also just deleted kvar from my bookmarks. I mostly order from Tapco, kvar was 2nd on the list but no more! I have about 5 favorites. Now 4 This will cost them hard.

Hey, that's 25 more for me to order.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:30:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:41:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, they will be toast soon.....

Funny how I noticed a certain fake sea mammal use the term "cockholster" in threads from last year......

Now I see a new Admin Staff member using the same term.......I wonder if our fake sea mammal has morphed to yet another identity???
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:07:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep that is Dthornvader at his best... how stupid does the membership overthere have to be to not know that is him posting under the Gun.Nutcase.... title..

KVAR.. Has my respect.. they now have my future business.

Becauses they bitch slapped dthorn????..nope..
Because they showed the backbone not to wallow with the filth of the WWW.Gun.nutcase administration..

Bad loss for the membership overthere...but as we all know.. it will not effect Kvars business.

But many more "sponsors" I'm sure will follow the lead..

Just when I think the drama has ended....LMAO....

All hail the large wooden circular piece of furniture!

Dthornvader you killed my father!,,, no Luke I AM YOUR FATHER....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

"now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb"

OMG.....LMAO..

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Guys, you need to be careful not to go over their helmet...
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#20]

STOP CLICKING OUR LINKS!!  IT COSTS US MONEY!!  YOU'RE NOT ENTITLED TO CLICK OUR LINKS!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey Guys,

I am new here. This is a really nice place with a lot of fun. The ak-47 dot net pisses me off, especially the fuckheadministrators over there.

Here it seems poeple have freedom of speach and are not screwed by scumsors.

P.S. I am not gonna bother them anymore by clicking links and spending their money...

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:07:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
These guys are toast! I am putting their post here before Scumsnets deletes them!

1 Patriot-of-many:

I would love nothing better than to patronize one of your advertisers as a standard practice, however in the real world, one of your advertisers(who I've bought from) sells rivets for example that don't belong anywhere near an AK let alone in them...... When your advertisers sell the real deal and actually ship when they say they will, I'll patronize them exclusively. Until then I'll continue to patronize the real deal ripoff artists rather than the plain old ripoff artists........

Darth_Pavoris:

Guns Network Staff- You might want use more proffesional language in your posts in the future. Remember leadrship comes from the top.

These 2 honest people are toast!...look for them to be members here soon! AND they will be welcomed!

Thanks, already am a member here too.....:)
I think the Ak-47.net is one of the best if not the best site on the web for Ak related discussion. While I don't agree much with the way things have turned out in administration ect over there and the lack of freedom in posting, I won't pull any punches, nor will I resort to direct attacks.I was removed from a moderator position in the C+R forum and resigned from the RKBA/legal forum for reasons of the site being too PC, but I don't hold any animosity.
It's their site to run as they wish. I doubt that post of mine would lead to banishment. It's not an attack, just the truth of the matter.
I can also understand their position, while I don't like it(their position), fact is KVAR gets tons of business from their site.
I know some of you over here like Campy and I miss you guys.
Recently the admin over there asked for a truce between sites and offered to unban people.
Did any of you hear about it?
I'd rather see one together gun community than this kind of sniping at each other.There's a ton of great guys on both these boards.
Okay I've preached peace enough. :)
Good day gentlemen.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 2:53:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:44:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't have a dog in this hunt.  I have been in business for 25 years.  The attitude of the folks a ak47 is absurd to the point of being immature and stupid.  

What I havelearned from them is:

K-Var is a competitive source of accessories.
TAPCO lacks integrity.
The level of discourse at AK-47 is shockingly low-brow and pathetically provincial.
The admins can post bullshit and the followers will line up to say how good it smells.

What I have learned from ARFCom:

Openness and administrator integrity can make up for some truly wacked out postings (including mine).
While there is no such thing as free speech on a commercial site, this place is quite free-wheeling.
There's a lot of give and take.
Great source for breaking news.
There are some outstanding human beings here.
If you post bullshit, you will be called on it.

I have gone to ak-47 a time or too just for the facts.  I can't bring myself to post a question.  Actually, I can't bring myself to even remember is I ever registered.

Regards,
Mahatma, let's get along with everyone, except the Muslims
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:02:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Mahatma,

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Thanks for contributing.

KF
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks JeepCreep, thank you for the warm "welcome".
LOL on the last part.... :)
Just sad that it is true....

I wasn't aware of the letter, I don't get involved in that kind of stuff, just speak my peace when I must. Eventually I could well get banned but really I try to be fairly lowkey with a little bit of outbursts when something doesn't sit right with me.
I do agree there are policies that I don't agree with and can't do much about them except post my opinion of the matter.

Redstar is a very good personal friend of mine off board; while you guys are entitled to post what you wish about him, I find it offensive and  unproductive and contrary to what he's really like as a person. I will say I don't agree with many of the official proclamations from him, but most of it is "orders" IMO.Regardless I wouldn't be much of a friend if I didn't state my feelings on that matter.
He's just doing his job preserving order on the board, he's really a great guy personally contrary to your belief.

In the end, nothing is gained by this feud or sniping at each other. Gun owners need to stick together.That's the problem today with the RKBA movement IMO, we have factions sniping at each other while the anti's make strides in destroying it.

I will not be a "spy" for either board and enjoy "talking" with guys from both boards, just so you know I'm not here to take either side. I think quite a few have been banned from the other board(CampyBob for example) and I do not agree with it. I think that's a major problem with the
Ak-47.net. Heavy handed fists do not make for free speech.
I've objected to the bannings and censorship and such in the past and wish the policy would change(I've had my own posts/threads censored), but alas I'm just cog in the wheel :)

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I have to agree with JC on his last post.

I think in the end a man is not only judged by his deeds, but the company he keeps...

KF
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Fair enough.....Thanks again guys for the welcome.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:44:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Patriot... let us know when you fully leave the dark side.

I love how boycunt has started calling me "Doug"-- as if whoever this Doug person and I are the same person... yeah, that's it, there couldn't be two people pointing out his idiocy!  You know, boycunt--- just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we don't think you're an idiot!

But I do appreciate that he's still mentioning me days later... let me guess, Doug is the name of a KVAR employee!  

This tells me that boycunt isn't qualified to be an IT guy for anybody, let alone run a website.

Apparently this Doug is some articulate guy! :)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top