Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2003 7:03:15 PM EDT
Well since I'm over half way done with my ME degree now and have one good internship under my belt, I thought I should start looking for any gun-related research and design companies (basically any place that needs an ME)

Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to work in the automotive field (where I just had my last internship) or if I want to try to get into the firearm design field. Thats really what I think I would enjoy doing most. Anyone know some companies that use ME's for designing. (Not looking to be 100% manufacturing related)

Thanks.
-Tim
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Raytheon does some small arms work, in addition to the high dollar precision munitions.  The Raytheon facility near my little house on the prairie shoots up a great deal of ammo at the Collin County Gun Range, McKinney, TX.

Mahatma
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
In addition to that, the large companies tend to hire people out of aerospace or automotive.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top