Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/21/2003 2:34:48 AM EDT
If I was gonna make my AK my only rifle to get lost in the woods with, and planned on using it in any life threatening situation, what spare parts should I pick up----springs, firing pin, etc----anything more prone to breakage than others???
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:42:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had over 30 AKs over the years.....and not once did one them ever break, nor did I have to replace any parts.....

Should you stock a spare firing pin, hammer spring, etc......sure why not.  Will you ever need them?  I doubt it very seriously....

KF
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:10:09 AM EDT
[#3]
No parts expert, but 500 rnds of 7.62x39 is within 1lb of 750 rnds of smallbore AK ammo (per bathroom scale about 18lbs if I recall). Big deal if your survival mode is mobile.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#4]
    in all my years of shooting the AK, I recently had my first problem. It was a Pierced Primer(Watch soft primer ammo in AK or SKS)  and  a tiny piece got  in the fring pin channel and I couldnt  free it . Went to  my gunsmith who freed it. Firing pin  , however , was NOt damaged at all. It was a Maadi Pre ban. But waht Campy BOb said about spares would not hurt.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top