Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/20/2003 7:41:58 AM EDT
I had recently bought a New SAR 1 laminate.It was rough looking(metal finish). I bought some Brownells Alumihide II Matt Black, and some Oxpho Blue blueing solution.I degreased the rifle with brake cleaner and baked the rifle for about 40 minuets at 225 degrees to get the hiden grease out. I wiped off the seeped grease with a rag with some more of the brake cleaner and spray painted the fully disassymembled rifle and hung up to dry.I painted all small parts except for the FCG.I just used the OXpho blue on them.Didn't want a build up on them. Sanded the stock set and stained it with some red mahogaony Mini wax .Polyurathane the stock afterward. The rifle now looks like a million bucks!!! Two big thumbs up to the Brownells Alumihide II , and the Oxpho blue. Let the Alumihide set for a week before handeling.It gets fully cured in about a week. Its seems really durable for a spray can paint.The Oxpho blue is the best blueing solution that I personally have ever used.I have used all the on the store shelf products and nothing comes close to this .Heck even the directios state you can use it on a metal that still has light oil and rust on it. I degrease with alcohol anyway. Turned the FCG black.Just a report from someone that just made a pretty AK. WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top