Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2003 6:01:50 PM EDT
I have about $600 to spend and i want to buy a new gun. I am torn between getting a fn-fal from OHR if they have any left or getting a new ak. The problem is i cant think of what type of ak i want. Krebs look awesome but they all have $900+ price tags. I already have 2 sar-1s, a sam 7, and a slr 101s converted to hi cap. Getting a custom build done would be cool but its not something i want to have to deal with atm. Any suggestions? I would prefer something in 7.62x39 to keep ammo costs down.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to wait for the AK-74 set up that Todd From ORF is going to be offering very soon.

It might be what you are looking for.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#2]
You might consider an AK-USA rifle.  It would be a custom build, but they are very fast compared to most, and it doesn't cost as much as Krebs.  

Otherwise, look out for the Global SSR85Cs and occasional Bs that are being put up for sale a lot lately.  They are really nice, and they have none of the problems of the newer SSR56.  

Check the equiptment exchange on "the other site".  As much as a hate to promote that site, their "classifieds" section is second to none for AK stuff.  Already built custom rifles in your price range are put up for sale very frequently over there.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#3]
There is an Arsenal USA SSR-85C for sale for $530 dollars on AK-47.NET in the for sale forums. I guess the rifle has just sat in the sellers safe since his purchasing of the rifle.

The Kollector
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:50:59 AM EDT
[#4]
For 10 cents a round, time for a smallbore AK.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#5]
i would be picking a glock if i am looking a handgun.  you say you got several ak variants already, you may not need one.

i would wait till the ban die.  you can add folder, grenade launch, pix of pam anderson, and all kind of stuffs on it.  :>)

if i have 600 bucks to spare, i'll put it as a downpayment toward the S&W 500.  it will take another 200 to pay for the gun.  hihi.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait and buy a Slightly used SW500, I'll bet the gun shows will be flooded with those guns come this time next year....All the folks who have to have the bigest cock on the block, will dump them cause  they cant handle it, or it is too expensive to shoot....
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#7]
i give it 6 months.  as of right now, not many stores even carry that gun.  it is not that it is expensive.  it is actually cheaper than kimber, sig, and even some other s&w.  the real reason is that so far there is super short supply of ammo for that gun.  ammunitionstore.com sold out within a few hours of even listing some rare ammo for that.  

i'll get it 6 months from now at a show.  it will be like buying a french gun; shot once and drop at the same time.  :>)

for the record, i just want to have it because i do have the biggest dick on the block; just not the fattest wallet.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies and information guys. I would buy a pistol but i live in NY and in order to own one you have to get a BS gay permit. The process in getting one is a massive pain in the butt and will end up costing me around $200 or so. To get a permit i would i have to get 3 people to make statements about my character then have them notarized. Then i would have to take a hand gun safety class and finnaly i would have to go through an interview with the local cop in charge of this crap. All in all something i dont want to put up with. Odds are i am going to wait and see what ORF ak74 suprise is or i am going to pick up a fal.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top