Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/19/2003 5:50:14 PM EDT
Just settling a chat argument:

I mainatain that Century, AK-USA, Arsenal, Robinson Arms, & Co. will be able to manufacture side and underfolding guns post-9/04 as long as they use enough US Parts...

CadMan says folders will still be illegal...

Who's right....
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as you have enough US parts to make it a domestic rifle, it will not fall under the 89 import ban.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, it's plain and simple as Wipeout said.  Get the parts count right and it will be considered a domestic rifle and thus will only be affected by legislation intended for domestic firearms.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:53:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...moot point.  The ban will be back this time with a broader reach, and no sunset.

Have a little Faith,Barry!
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:29:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't stress enough that everyone should take the time and write their legislators and voice their opinions on the AW Ban.

KF
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#8]
The dems lost over 50 seats in the house in the 94 election.  Even THEY admit the 94 ban had a lot to do to cause that.

Question to those of you who think the ban will be renewed/replaced:  WHY IN THE HELL do you think the Republicans in the house will allow that to happen again?!?  Seriously, for every political scenerio one can put forth to renew the ban, there are 20 scenerios that will let it die.  I am not engaging in wishful thinking, I am looking at the score card.

Give me a scenerio where it gets renewed?  Someone?

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
looking back,the class III community suffered severely under George senior,with Reagans approval.Remember that dark day in May 1986.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#10]
You guys are forgetting that firearms laws were a hot issue then, and aren't now.  Write your legislators, but don't make a scene.  Our best bet is to let it slip under the political radar.  

Do you think most antis even know when the ban expires?  

Also, you are all forgetting that the country is the most conservative it has been since the 1950s.  

This is not Bush Sr. or Clinton's America anymore.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
This is not Bush Sr. or Clinton's America anymore.  

AMEN!

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Thats a given,always stock up like there's no tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Name me 1 time in history when they took away our rights, then gave them back?

Congress will not have to "give back" our rights, the 94 congress already did that via the sunset clause.

My point is that THIS congress would have to TAKE THEM AWAY with new legislation and they WON'T do that.  Look at it this way.....there is only upside to letting the ban die for BOTH sides.  The antis can blame the 1994 congress for its demise and the pros can take credit for not renewing it...........its a WIN WIN situation!!

Since we are listing our resumes, I served as a political appointee in the White House during the last year of the Reagan admin and the 1st year of Bush 1.  I still have friends who work at Justice, on the hill and at the White House.  Believe me when I say the ban will die.

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:46:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#16]
is tapco is good place to buy stuffs like firing pin, trigger sets, bolt carrier.  their price is good for the surplus stuffs.  polytech price is way out of there; they're must be scaming our hobbies.  screw polytech.  screw all people at gun show trying to sell a firing pin for 50 bucks.  you can kiss my american ass, you asshole, two-face, anti-buttfuckers.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#17]
that ban will fucking die.  it may come back tougher only after those damn liberals hire some convict felons to do some work using assault rifles.  then the public will buy into the propanda that we need to ban all guns.  

if anyone see the pix of that dike fiensten holding a illegal ak47 with folder and drum, you will see what the devil that dry cunt is.  she actually look like hitler.  the name fiensten does have nazi root.  look how that fat slut aim it at the crowd with a trigger finger right on the trigger.  i actually saw a video clip where that whore actually mimic the spray and pray motion with the gun right at the crowd while explaining the danger of it.  let me hook yall up with the pix.  when i find the video clip, i'll update.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#18]
anyone know how to load a pix on here?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top