Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/15/2003 2:06:34 PM EDT
Got all the letters written.

Sending them to my US Congressmen and US Senators every month.

Hope you guys are doing the same....

KF

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I wrote a letter to every congressman and congresswoman in New York and received only 4 replies. All those replies simply said that the representative could not deal with letters outside their district.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Krink... your a true defender of freedom, at home and abroad...Keep up the good work....
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:04:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey man, why don't you print labels out instead of handwriting the addresses on all those envelopes? Just a thought.  BTW, is it possible that you can paste your letter into this thread so we can read it?  I have some peckerheads here in NY that I would like to send letters to that keep pissing me off with their stupidity regarding the AWB.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:22:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:56:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey man, why don't you print labels out instead of handwriting the addresses on all those envelopes? Just a thought.  BTW, is it possible that you can paste your letter into this thread so we can read it?  I have some peckerheads here in NY that I would like to send letters to that keep pissing me off with their stupidity regarding the AWB.  Thanks.

I always write-out the addresses so they know what I am sending them took time, so in turn  they should spend time reading what I wrote...

Find your representative here:

www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/officials/

This letter was authored by another member of Team AR15:
----------------------------------------------

Senator / Representative
Their Address

Senator Hollings,

I am writing you in regards to the "Assault Weapons Ban of 1994". And as I am sure you know, is set to expire via a sunset clause in September of 2004. I wish and urge you to vote against any renewal of this legislation.

The banned weapons and magazines in question are rarely used to commit murders in this country. A criminal is not going to spend $1,000 on a weapon when he can get his hands on one that is often home made, cheaply manufactured, or stolen and just as lethal for less than 200 dollars. The "Assault Weapons" ban simply doesn’t work like its authors said or expected it to, regardless of what they claim. The facts can be distorted but the truth cannot…."Assault Weapons" neither cause, nor significantly contribute to violent crime in America. For this I urge you not to support the renewal of this legislation.

The ban has had no palpable effect on crime, but it has had a tremendous and terrible impact on the law-abiding citizens of the United States. Many people engage in competitive shooting programs such as the Civilian Marksmanship Program that uses mainly semi-automatic firearms. They are no longer allowed to configure their rifles in the constitutionally protected manner of their choosing. This should not be allowed to continue.

Last but not least, the ban targets features just because they look scary. The authors of this legislation honestly have no comprehension of physics or the mechanics of modern firearms. They feel that just because a firearm looks scary it should be banned, when the truth of the matter is that so-called "Assault Weapons" are mechanically identical to semi-automatic "sporting rifles." For this I beg that you to oppose the renewal of this "feel-good" legislation.

The fact this ban has had no effect on violent crime, it hinders the performance of men and women involved in competitive shooting, and attacks weapons based solely on their appearance is more than enough justification for its expiration, and I implore you to vote against any reauthorization or renewal of the "Assault Weapons" ban.

Please do not alienate America’s lawful gun owners.

Sincerely,

Your Name
Your Address
Your City/State/Zip

Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:11:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent. Thank you very much.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top