Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/15/2003 3:44:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.....my only reservation about an underfolder is the feeling of the stock against your cheek....

My underfolder krinkov rattles my teeth after 3 or 4 mags....

But a nice rifle indeed!

The Creek had them for rougly $1100-$1200

KF
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:53:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I love this gun. It is the last one I want to get rid of, but the only one I have left that is worth any significant amount. From the ad you might get that I beat it because I have bump fired it. I assure you that I baby this more than any other firearm I have owned, and not because it needs it. One day we were shooting in the rain and I laid my Colt SP1 carbine (first one to go) on a couple logs because there was limited room in the back of the truck for my AK, to keep it out of the rain. ;)

Is any AK worth $1400? Probably not, but I like this better than any AK I've ever shot. Those SA and SLR's are pretty nice too. The trigger is very nice bone stock, hence the bump firing. I had to do it. :) I have bump fired it about 4 times, and two of those times the pistol grip loosened up. The last time it didn't, so I don't know if will be a continual problem or not.

I really can't haggle on the price. The reason I'm trying to sell it is to come up with the money I need to trade for a better vehicle that gets better fuel mileage. Long term unemployment makes you do crazy stuff. If someone I know wants this, I might be able to haggle a little if I were to get a buy-back option, but the terms would have to be pretty loose as I have no idea when the market will pick up and I'll be back into gainful employment.

I didn't mean to give my sad sob story, but just want it to be clear why I'm selling it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this rifle. It has a few minor cosmetic blems as would be expected on a gun that doesn't just sit in a safe. It has the common small dents in the handguard from the butt of the folding stock riding on it. There is a scratch on the right side of the receiver where the safety rides. This was there before I got it as I just leave it on "fire" all the time. My "safety" is attached to my right hand. :)

If anyone is interested at all, I will answer any questions you have. I hide nothing. It's probably better than 85%, but I don't know much about rating. I would much rather a buyer was pleasently surprised than even slightly disappointed.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Jeepcreep (still having a hard time getting around that name- reminds me of 'jeepers creepers'....)

Any idea who might still be selling stock sets like that? Trying to give my Romanian a Chinese look but I've been wholly unable to find even once-plentiful Chi-Com type pistol grips, not to mention gas tubes and hand guards...
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#6]
RebelGray,

Are you looking for checkered p-grips or smooth ones?
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Any idea who might still be selling stock sets like that? Trying to give my Romanian a Chinese look but I've been wholly unable to find even once-plentiful Chi-Com type pistol grips, not to mention gas tubes and hand guards...

www.polytechparts.com

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]
beautiful KF thanks a bunch, decided to go for a romanian virticle foregrip for the folder instead... and found the wood and gas tube off of a Bulgie that looks Chinese too. Wife will be a little upset that I spent $175 on stock bits, (ended up getting the stamped Chinese underfolder set too, hate my clunky old-style Romanian steel pipe one) but c'est la vie, after putting in 23hrs at work on Monday, what can she say.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Jafo; truely is a beautiful piece of iron. Don't blame tou for not wanting to part with it. And no, $1400 isn't to much to ask. J&T Distributers has three of the Polytech underfolders (in the box) and Jesse is asking $1350 ~ $1400 for each.
By the way, JeepCreep old buddy, tried to change out the furniture between the 7.62 and the 5.45 last PM. Busted the lower handguard apart. Now both weapons will sport black polymer. Ordered 4 item set for 5.45 from K-Var this PM.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Light tapping with a hammer. The rear sight block on the Global was wider than the same piece on the SAR and I didn't notice until to late. I'm assuming (me, the ass) that the Global has a Chinese rear sight block now. K-Var says the kit will fit. Leaving the Global polymer on the SSR-85. I know. I should have gone InRange. Tell me again.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I love this gun. It is the last one I want to get rid of, but the only one I have left that is worth any significant amount. From the ad you might get that I beat it because I have bump fired it. I assure you that I baby this more than any other firearm I have owned, and not because it needs it. One day we were shooting in the rain and I laid my Colt SP1 carbine (first one to go) on a couple logs because there was limited room in the back of the truck for my AK, to keep it out of the rain. ;)

Is any AK worth $1400? Probably not, but I like this better than any AK I've ever shot. Those SA and SLR's are pretty nice too. The trigger is very nice bone stock, hence the bump firing. I had to do it. :) I have bump fired it about 4 times, and two of those times the pistol grip loosened up. The last time it didn't, so I don't know if will be a continual problem or not.

I really can't haggle on the price. The reason I'm trying to sell it is to come up with the money I need to trade for a better vehicle that gets better fuel mileage. Long term unemployment makes you do crazy stuff. If someone I know wants this, I might be able to haggle a little if I were to get a buy-back option, but the terms would have to be pretty loose as I have no idea when the market will pick up and I'll be back into gainful employment.

I didn't mean to give my sad sob story, but just want it to be clear why I'm selling it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this rifle. It has a few minor cosmetic blems as would be expected on a gun that doesn't just sit in a safe. It has the common small dents in the handguard from the butt of the folding stock riding on it. There is a scratch on the right side of the receiver where the safety rides. This was there before I got it as I just leave it on "fire" all the time. My "safety" is attached to my right hand. :)

If anyone is interested at all, I will answer any questions you have. I hide nothing. It's probably better than 85%, but I don't know much about rating. I would much rather a buyer was pleasently surprised than even slightly disappointed.

Damn, JAFO.  Didn't realize you talk/type that much.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Damn, JAFO.  Didn't realize you talk/type that much.

LoL. When I type I don't have to hear my own voice. It's a lot easier than talking. :)
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#14]
JC-
  Yeah, saw that. Its OK, I've decided to go wholly Romanian on the underfolder (fixed in polite company, 'till next Sept.) and build the MAK90 parts kit I've been holding onto one of those B-Wests with Chinese wood. Polytech has the handguards and the buttstock, and K-Var has a Bulgarian wide blond that will do in place of a regular chi-com.

I wasnt able to snatch up that folding spike bayonet FSB from the AK47net guy fast enough so I'm still hunting on one of those too.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Well...  I have good news and bad.

Bad news, I sold my baby. Good news, a friend is buying her, so I know she'll be in good hands. Plus I can go visit her once in a while. :)

About Chinese furniture...  I wonder if there is any out there awaiting importation. If so... since they aren't barrels, receivers, or mags, could a regular importer bring them in without having to go through BATFE? Just wondering since there are a lot of Import/Export companies in the Seattle area.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bad news, I sold my baby.

THANK GAWD!...I was sitting here saying ok...pay my kids tuition, buy the gun of my dreams....pay my kids tuition, buy the gun of my dreams....pay my kids tuition, buy the gun of my dreams....

whew!.....!

Hey, doesn't your kid attend Bulletfest University already? ;)

Luckily I found a friend to buy it, and I *might* be able to pry it back outta his hands when things turn around for me. ;) I will let you know if I see any good deals out there though...  if it's something I can't buy. Now that I have owned one, I will hate being without.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top